Ox Mountain Railway

trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
While the track is off perhaps a change of colour to black or even dark brown for the bridge may help?
Yes brown would be OK - I was going to fix some treated timber to either side so the brown would fit in!

I like the r2s Mick;),just a thought that if you made it a covered bridge on the curve you would need quite a clearance for cab roof and pilot on the BH locos to clear but I assume you would have thought of that already:D.
Indeed I had thought of it Neil - I did plonk the BL loco on after I'd put the R2s back in the shed .....

Clearance Bodge _9_.JPG

..... it's all about the swept path. I'm off out to cut the track and insert the two curves - and then do as Jon suggests with a colour change!

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
trammayo

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
So, it was out with the cordless angle grinder and a slitting disc. With the cutout section moved away...

Clearance Bodge _14_.JPG

...... the metal "tray" was treated to a piece of wood either side and then a change of colour to black (rattle can undercoat). When dry, it was repositioned and the R2 curves fitted using clamps......

Clearance Bodge _12_.JPG

Clearance Bodge _13_.JPG

So that does look better and shows how manky the remaining timbers look :banghead:! More work I suppose!!!!