I'll take the three coaches just in case!Some very nice trains, there, Mick, and great photos. The L&B with the TTT coaches looks really good.
Both of your Battery Conversions are simplicity itself. Sure you will get to like the no Track cleaning option and go for more.I'll take the three coaches just in case!
First, a pic showing the Meccano battery box in the truck .....
View attachment 252417
and then minor mod (centre of pic) to switch on the battery power for the railbus ....
View attachment 252418
And a close up of the simple motor and drive
View attachment 252419
Then it was time to put it on the track and test!
View attachment 252420
So it worked OK - nice and steady and easy for me to push the protruding wire inwards to stop it.
Then it was time to open the two little bags from GRS. I was looking forward to this as I thought it was as simple 'push the ventilator bases into the pre-drilled holes in the roof and glue the top into the bases'.
View attachment 252421
On the left is the base and the one on the right is the top of the ventilator. Both pieces are showing their undersides.
Well, there's nowt like getting it wrong is there? Firstly, the base would not allow itself to be inserted into the hole - so that's six holes to enlarge. Secondly the top wouldn't mate up either. Both items need the surplus plastic trimming off and, as that needs a sharp knife, I had to prove it. Yes the knife was sharp as it slipped on the very hard plastic and dug into the end of a finger . So that made me have a cup of coffee (and two shortbread biscuits).
The grass is now ready for cutting again - if it wasn't for the bad luck I wouldn't have much at all. Unfortunately, I remembered to get some more petrol last week!
I've too much track powered stuff really To operate more than one train at a time, I'd really want R/C - but there'd be a tech problem for sure (for me!).Both of your Battery Conversions are simplicity itself. Sure you will get to like the no Track cleaning option and go for more.
Which part of the gorilla gets melted down?Just come in from starting to make some steps .....
View attachment 252587
I cut them from some plastic angle. Now all five are in a vice and sporting a metal bracket each. I'm using Gorilla Glue so it takes time to set properly. Then it'll be out with a rattle can and, hopefully they'll be mounted on the Southern coach tomorrow afternoon!
Hi Max - blooming moulding flash. At least on the second attempt at cutting off I didn't create any more blood samples!Mick wait till you get the GRS instruction sheets I sent you with the Annie chassis. All will become clear and the possiblities for modification will multiply. They have a quite specific modular construction and ordering. Get it wrong and you could end up with frustratingly uneven length sides. Yes the duckets are vac forms that are glued to modified coach side modules.
Those vents - was it molding "flash" or did it seem the 1/2's of the molds were not quite mated up correctly. I had to do some work to correct that fault on mine, some 12 years ago. Max
Actually, five steps in the right direction.Well, I persevered with trimming the surplus plastic off the ventilators and had to enlarge the holes in the carriage roof to allow the bases to be located. MekPak was used to glue things together ......
View attachment 252568
So, with vents done, the next job is to make some steps ......
View attachment 252569
..... as the other end doesn't have any!
View attachment 252570
Before I embark on making some more steps, I decided to get the other coach out to see what was missing on that one!
Well one end was OK (as regards steps) ......
View attachment 252571
but guard's end was defficient .....
View attachment 252572
There's one step complete, and one shortened! .......
View attachment 252573
Whilst handling the carriage I noticed I could see gaps around the Duckets. The vacuun formed items could be removed! So now I have a way forward for the shortening process! Anyway, acquiring at least five steps (buying or making), will be a step in the right direction!
A good day's work, Mick, but, sadly, apparently another day or more's work discovered.
Unfortunately, it's self propagating!Always