Old West Train Station

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
Building the "Cattle Corner" station from the opening scene of "Once Upon A Time In The West."

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
Of3hw0hl.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
The station's rear side is for movie making.Notice how it is placed over the railway tracks on a siding.Leone was a genius in creating unusual compositions.( under construction)

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
One end of the station platform.In the movie, those logs extend much further towards the track than shown here.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
To borrow the thread for just one minute but still on movie making have you seen how they made the latest "Lone Ranger" movie with Johnny Depp?
I found that really quite interesting.
Thread returned.

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
Yes I did and liked it too although a lot of the hardcore fans didn't.Believe it or not the Lone Ranger's real name in fiction is JW Reid and his father too.My father and I share the same name also JW Reid.Quite a coincidence.If someone had told me that when I was a kid I would have loved it as I was a big fan.Listened to him on the radio, saw him in the movies and read the books.It is kind of an inside joke that I call myself JW Reid (the real Lone Ranger).

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
To borrow the thread for just one minute but still on movie making have you seen how they made the latest "Lone Ranger" movie with Johnny Depp?
I found that really quite interesting.
Thread returned.
No. ?

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Funny that, Once Upon a Time in the West DVD is still in my player from watching it last night.
Coming on 50 years since that movie came out. Remember going to the flicks to watch it as a youngster and was rather disappointed in it because the 'trains weren't authentic American'.
Today, I see it in a different light, and the music (and Claudia Cardinale) really makes it. Leone also did a cracking job with Once Upon a Time in America, and the Clint Eastwood jobs.
For years too, I tried to figure out what instrument gave the theme tune its distinctive air.... turned out it was actually vocals.

'Bring a horse for me?'

'Looks like we're shy of one horse'

'No, you brought two to many'

Oh, fine model there, too.

John W. Reid

Registered
27 Mar 2018
Montreal Canada
Best answers
Leone was a genius no doubt.The movie is revered today as probably one of the greatest movies of all time.It was actually one of the few Westerns ever written for women as the lead character.Ennio Morricone wrote Jill's theme especially for her and it was played in the background every time she appeared on set.