No point it's going nowhere

angiea

I'm New, Please Be Gentle
24 Apr 2015
Cheshire
Best answers
Country flag
I have a logging train but do not have room for a logging area, so I decided to give the impression that there is a logging area off site.
To do this I installed a bridge to nowhere that eventually will be partly hidden by a shrub, similar to the one to the left, giving the idea that there is something back there.
Rather than waste a perfectly good point I made a phony point that will never move but give the impression of it switching a spur line.
Trackwork is a bit rough but as I did not use joiners for the short pieces that is to be expected and as no train will ever run on it (it's purely cosmetic) that is not an issue.
The bridge is a piece of plastic drainage channel cut up with split/cotter pins as uprights and wire for the railing.
I may do this sort of thing elsewhere on the layout so I can add some industry scenery without all that mucking around with track.

View attachment 283131

View attachment 283130

View attachment 283132
I apologise for rather hijacking your thread with my question regarding glue. I didn't expect so many responses!

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
I apologise for rather hijacking your thread with my question regarding glue. I didn't expect so many responses!
No need to apologise, hopefully you got some good advice.
For adhesives on my outdoor layout I tend to use ones that can stand the harsher climate here in Australia.
For example I use a lot of roof of gutter sealant which is a silicone that dries clear and when it cures I trim it with a sharp knife, logic if it holds roofs and gutters than it is good outside..
I also use a locally available product called "Liquid Nails Landscape" which is a type of silicone and is very robust, I have some that has been out in the garden for over 2.5 years now and shows no sign of deterioration. In fact I am using it to attach galvanised cladding to a building.
I have been running an experiment for 2 years in which I used exterior PVA glue to hold down some gravel and sleepers to see if I could use it for ballasting and that again is not showing any deterioration.
Couple of extra suggestion there for your consideration.