Best answers
Country flag

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Nice DogBone, much better than the normal percieved view of a 6x4ft Board for a Model Railway that in fact is pretty well useless due to the difficulties of reaching the back when placed against a wall.

Agreed - if anyone is going to use a 6x4 board, best to put a "duck-under" access hole in the middle of it!

A 6x4 board is a very common size for my other hobby (and job!), Miniatures Wargaming, aka "playing with toy soldiers" - but there you generally have the table/board in the middle of the room with plenty of access all round - you never really want a table MUCH wider than four feet (maybe five at a pinch, six if you're very tall and/or long-armed...) because otherwise it is too difficult to reach over to move troops in the middle of the table! ;)

Jon.

Reactions: 1 user

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
So no luck on house move yet but the sun is out and mother in laws garden had a nice lawn so.

Reactions: 7 users

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Nice. I'm glad we wired up the smoke generator on your Mallet, it looks pretty good even in bright sunlight.

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
Nice. I'm glad we wired up the smoke generator on your Mallet, it looks pretty good even in bright sunlight.
Ya it works really well I just have to figure out which button turns it on I end up pressing all of them to get it to come on

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
probably button 7

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the world of garden railways but be careful, in infective!!

You could start with this:

Then&Now01TheDecking.jpg

.....and a few years later you could have something like this:

AllTrainsOnMountain-01.jpg

Enjoy!!

Reactions: 5 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Press each button wait for a Short while to see what happens. Then record what they do! However normal with a DCC fitted Sound Steam are:-
1 Whistle
2 Brake Sound
3 Bell
4 Announcement
5 firebox flicker on/off
6 safety valve
7 smoke on/off
8 sound on/off
9 lights on/off
Not all of these will work with every LGB Locomotive but they are pretty standard.

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Ya it works really well I just have to figure out which button turns it on I end up pressing all of them to get it to come on
It would be either 1 (because it was wired to function output 1) or 7 (Massoth standard for smoke generator) I can't remember which we programmed.

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
So bit of a update the coach house has sold and we have had our offer accepted on a house we like with a garden big enough for my small garden railway. Just got the mounains of paper work to get through so shouldn't be long now.

Adam1989

Registered
11 Mar 2018
Calne wiltshire
Best answers
Country flag
This how I would describe buying and selling a house :banghead::banghead:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
This how I would describe buying and selling a house :banghead::banghead:

Don't I know it.... found current house and made offer in July 2006, finally moved six days before Christmas that year...... :mad:

Jon.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Don't I know it.... found current house and made offer in July 2006, finally moved six days before Christmas that year...... :mad:

Jon.
That is about par for the course, my last two moves gave been almost on the same time frame and dates as yours. Never again, I go out of here in a Wooden Box. Well my choice may be Wicker actually, looks so much nicer and what else will I have to do with any left over money then? Thoug I guess I could spend it on loose women, beer, trains and just waste the rest!

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
That is about par for the course, my last two moves gave been almost on the same time frame and dates as yours. Never again, I go out of here in a Wooden Box. Well my choice may be Wicker actually, looks so much nicer and what else will I have to do with any left over money then? Thoug I guess I could spend it on loose women, beer, trains and just waste the rest!
It's the women & beer you waste it on, not the trains!

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag

idlemarvel

13 Jul 2015
Ascot