New member saying hello

beachdonkey

Model railways, classic cars, music
14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
I am new to this forum although I have had one question answered already (thanks chaps)and thought I would give some info about my railway. I started in G scale about two years ago with a DC starter set and added some extra track which so far has resulted in a fairly compact double track in the garden.Just recently I have changed to DCC so still have a lot to learn re converting my locos and adding sound.
In the past I have modelled in 00 gauge and in N, I also had a brief encounter with Z but could hardly see the thing! G scale is by far the most enjoyable size railway to play with and friends who come around also enjoy it.
There is one caveat I have realized...In the past I collected music CDs which were easy to bring into the house via my pocket and slip into the pile unnoticed by wifey but doing this with an LGB E10 or Mallet is somewhat tricky.

Regards to all Steve.

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Steve. Plenty on here to think about and look at (in either order). ;)

lgbmad

Model trains....G scale mainly, but enjoy all othe
20 Oct 2011
Llanfyllin,Powys
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Steve and welcome.....might be handy to know your postman and arrange a dead drop place.......not that I would know anything about that you understand :D :D
Kev

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome. Just remember, It's easier to get forgiveness than it is to get permission.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
ello steve.. if caught by wife with new loco /waggon/coach try..Im minding it for a freinds,his wifes too mean to let him enjoy his hobbie, not like you darling

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the smugglers rest Steve! ;)

dutchelm

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N Somerset
Best answers
Country flag
I'm investing my childrens inheritance. It's better than money in the bank at the moment. (50/50 chance of it being believed)

ge_rik

British narrow gauge (esp. Southwold and W&LLR)
24 Oct 2009
Cheshire
www.riksrailway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard, Steve.
My wife is the keeper of our accounts (her dad was an accountant) and so there's very little I can get past her. One reason, I suppose, why I make a lot of stuff myself.

Rik

Tanker man

G scale and 5 inch ride on
10 Jun 2015
Oxford
Best answers
Country flag
Hi
Another method is to have a credit card with your office address, you then have purchases sent to your office. When the opportunity arises, sneak it into the shed and keep it there until the box is covered in dust. You then bring it out saying that you have had it for ages!!!!!
Worth a try
Dave

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Steve....

beachdonkey

14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
I think there are some excellent sneaky tips going on here, some people must be good at it.
A friend of mine used to get new things into his house by throwing the box away once outside the shop then slightly marking the item in some way to make it look used and then saying he bought it from me as I didn't want it any more !

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
As the stock collects, it gets easier, as new things get harder to spot amongst the clutter. ;)

"Where did that come from?" "Oh, that old thing, it's been kicking around for ages" 8)

aceinsp

Registered
28 Jan 2010
USA North Georgia
Best answers
Welcome to the forum. I always said beat siting in a bar a dring my money away. Nothing to show for it. Later RJD

beachdonkey

14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum. I always said beat siting in a bar a dring my money away. Nothing to show for it. Later RJD
That's true enough:nod:

owlpool

Welsh NG in the mountains. live steam
25 Oct 2009
Brecon Beacons, South Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Get some red "sale" stickers and put them on some new purchases
Welcome btw

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Hello from a rain sodden land (well this week anyway) - just catching up on postings!

beachdonkey

14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
Get some red "sale" stickers and put them on some new purchases
Welcome btw
Bought a Spreewald and V100 from Glendale 2 weeks ago (could not help myself) I will try your idea on the Franzburg next time,pricey for such a small loco.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
.................... I will try your idea on the Franzburg next time,pricey for such a small loco.

It is a bit pricey but it also has some lovely details on it. I am very happy with mine. A good runner on what appears to be a Stainz chassis.
The pipework on the boiler is not molded on but actually additional parts, The valve gear is finer than older models and a better colour - not bright silver.
Sometimes you get what you pay for.
DSCF0116 (Small).JPG

beachdonkey

14 Sep 2015
bedford
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks for the info.Permission to proceed with purchase now required from control ;):smirk: