New guy

Ed de Bruijn

Registered
7 Sep 2017
Bussum, The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hello,

My name is Ed de Bruijn from Bussum, the Netherlands. I've been a railroad fan since I was 5 and in 1994 I entered the wonderful world of IIm. I've been building various models for my own purpose and in 2012 I decided that it was time to start my own company: Ed's Garten Bahn. Until now we've produced a variety of mostly Swiss (RhB and FO) models, including the famous Balcony loco from the Furka Oberalp. Since 2015 we produce AutoMobilia, the moving car system for the IIm layout. Here you can see a small video of what we do:
https://youtu.be/Trb6VmjwTkU

Because my opinion is that Forums like these are for sharing knowledge and not for commercial purposes this is all I will write about Ed's Garten Bahn. If you have a question please drop me an email at ed (at) edgb.nl.

Reactions: 4 users

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Ed!

Looking forward to receiving my Road/Rail Unimog later this month....

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Ed,interesting selection of kit you produce. Wish you well in your endeavours, liking the Dutch Steam Tram. Can see no reason why you should not post some non commercial views of you Garten Bahn which looks quite interesting.
JonD

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, Ed!
For myself, I'd be more than happy for you to post info on your products now and then... we have several other members who are "in the trade" and regularly post details of new things and stuff of general interest, and it's all useful.

Jon.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome aboard Ed. and thank you for not treating this forum as an advertisement board. It is appreciated. That said, I am sure everyone will enjoying looking through your website - some great models in there.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Phwoar - I watched that red Citroen van go through that archway :clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::clap::think:

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
Fantastic video loved the driver moving in the cab and the van driving off the transporter

More videos would be more than welcome

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
We like new guys. Welcome aboard Ed. Correct me if I am mistaken, but are the vehicles, VW bus, etc. G scale ?

playmofire

Registered
23 Oct 2010
North Yorks
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome, Ed. A great video and great products, especially the Automobilia. That red Citroen H van would be better still as a fire engine, complete with blue lights and two-tone.

Harrogate-Folk

Retired and busy
19 Jul 2016
Harrogate, North Yorkshire
Best answers
Great looking stuff. I must start saving my pennies/euros.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Ed. I was watching the youtube clips of your moving car system yesterday. Great stuff

Ed de Bruijn

Registered
7 Sep 2017
Bussum, The Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hello everybody,

Thanks for the welcome!

The cars are mainly standard models form Welly and MotorMax. They get a complete new (3D printed) chassis with motor, batterypack, Arduino microcomputer, axles with ball bearings and some more stuff so the can be controlled by infrared LED's in the track. The track holds a wire that is followed by a magnet which makes the car turn in corners. The cars drive about 4 hours on a single battery load. The AutoMobilia website (www.automobilia.shop) has a few videos by customers.

And the Citroen Hy is also available in silver...

As for the trains: I try to add as many functions to the models as possible. Moving pantographs, turning drivers, opening doors, route tables that change, these things make the trains so much more interesting.

Ed

Reactions: 4 users

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hi ed...welcome to the madness

lgbmad

Model trains....G scale mainly, but enjoy all othe
20 Oct 2011
Llanfyllin,Powys
Best answers
Country flag
I am dribbling just now after seeing that video.....or it might just be me age...:)
Kev

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
I am dribbling just now after seeing that video.....or it might just be me age...:)
Kev
Welcome, Looks like you're on to a winner with your talents