New freight depot,a 2 year roundtoit?ALL DONE!!

Riograndad

Model Railroading, boats and oil painting,
6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Terrible weather is not allowing me to attack the track relay and other jobs ready for the Spring so around to thinking about roundtoit jobs I can get on with,first on a long list was a replacement freight depot for Apache Falls as has been on the cards for a few years.The original was a throw together when I first started outside.A simple box construction of plasticard and strip,the roof is still to be finished and has individual tiles(shingles) glued on one at a time,the rear overhang is shorter to go into the original location on the spur,at the moment it`s in first coat colour and the pics taken with the paint still wet.window,doors,the freight doors will slide open and some work to do on the underside of the roof, a few bits of interior detail and slight weathering should finish it off,the roof and dock are still removable.;);)DEPOT 002.jpgDEPOT 003.jpgDEPOT 005.jpgDEPOT 007.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
Some more done today,doors now made ,painted and in but the door stops still to go on when I don`t have to take them off to touch up paintwork on the main structure,window in and glazed,some roof detail added and the old sign from the old depot now in place,,,I must get a crew in to fix the T .The sign still bears the original railroad name(PP&SFRR)long before the C&RG came into being,not changing it though;).Just really the interior to look at now and hope to use the furniture if I can save it from the old building.depot 2 002.jpgdepot 2 004.jpgdepot 2 006.jpgdepot 2 009.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

Bill Barnwell

Registered
30 Sep 2017
Ormond Beach, Fl
Best answers
Country flag
Excellent build, and I would just leave the "T" alone as in town it's probably known as the toppled "T" depot, Bill

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Looking really good.

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
I managed to get out in the garden at daybreak after a night shift and pulled out some of the old interior of the old building today,some of the fittings were in quite good shape after so long outside so a clean up and first coat repaint,some minor repairs and a try out in the new depot they are good enough to reuse and should look the part after a rub down and second coat,desk,chair,filing cabinet,sack barrow and a few bits and bobs of freight and I may use the old figure in there too,one thing is that floor is too clean!!!;);)The pic taken with the roof removed.depot desk 004.jpg

Riograndad

6 Jul 2013
Northampton UK
Best answers
Country flag
With a few hours to spare before going outside this morning for track laying duties(it was too cold)I decided to finish the depot off,the work gang have replaced a few boards on the dock and some shingles on the roof but forgot the screws to fix that "T";),a few items and the figure from the old depot have been reused together with a few new items of freight,some weathering with the airbrush and some drybrush strokes just fade it back a little,all to do now is to fix in the 6v lighting from the old building when it goes into position on the railroad when the site is ready;).FREIGHT HOUSE DONE 002.jpgFREIGHT HOUSE DONE 004.jpgFREIGHT HOUSE DONE 005.jpgFREIGHT HOUSE DONE 007.jpg

BakerJohn

Baker, Modeler, Flour Ambassador
3 Feb 2018
West Warwick, RI
leedshillrailroad.weebly.com
Best answers
This is great! What a cute little building. (and yes, I too like the 'T')