New economical sound for British Locomotives

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
MyLocoSound is proud to announce a new soundcard which is specifically for British locomotives. Two months ago we introduced our universal premium steam soundcard in which a new processor allowed the introduction of recorded whistles, coal shovelling, injectors, bells, brake pumps, etc. It sold like hot cakes but we got feedback from British customers wanting more recorded whistles. As a result we have now released a British edition in which the US chime whistles, bells, grade crossing sequence and other non-British features have been removed to allow space for seven British recorded whistles. There is a short demonstration video here. and you can get more details at our web site. The universal steam soundcard is also available in the UK for customers who have American and other overseas locos.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Reactions: 1 user

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, will you be producing, in the same way, an exclusively US themed premium steam card. Say with the capability to reproduce Shay/Climax/Heisler steam chuffs ? Max

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Peter, will you be producing, in the same way, an exclusively US themed premium steam card. Say with the capability to reproduce Shay/Climax/Heisler steam chuffs ? Max
Max,

Unlikely. The existing universal steam soundcard already does a good job of reproducing Shay/Climax/Heisler chuffs by using the TV remote control to adjust for the number of cylinders and chuff rate using either a chuff timer or the motor voltage. We were able to add the British recorded whistles by removing memory hungry American features like the bells, chime whistles, brake pumps, etc. However the reverse does not work. British locos do not have memory hungry features which can be removed to add American recordings. Hence there is unlikely to be any advantage in doing an American only version.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting to know Peter. I might be looking for a few shortly. I'm in the process of converting my track powered "fleet" to battery/rc operation and adding sound as a standard feature. Looking at some install schematics the MLS card looks like the easiest to incorporate with RCS & Fosworks kit. Max

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Interesting to know Peter. I might be looking for a few shortly. I'm in the process of converting my track powered "fleet" to battery/rc operation and adding sound as a standard feature. Looking at some install schematics the MLS card looks like the easiest to incorporate with RCS & Fosworks kit. Max
I have used Deltang Rx 6x, and connection to 4 triggers is not difficult, in fact it must be easy if I did it :)

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Yes, I think I have four five MLS soundcards now. Three Four of the four five are operated by the TV remote control, which works just fine if you can find a place to conceal the infra-red receiver.

Thinking about it, I believe the fifth one is also controllable with the TV remote - I've forgotten about the sounds that I can get from it, as I tend to mainly use just the horn :wasntme::wasntme::wasntme:

But, as Jimmy says, there's a lot more from these cards if you want to go for it :clap::clap:

I might have to check, I don't think it's six :think::think::think::think: