MyLocoSound for Trams and Streetcars

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
MyLocoSound has now released a universal soundcard for trams and streetcars. It contains a selection of sounds including three bells/gongs, seven horns and air whistles, three brake compressors, conductors buzzer, rail and brake squeal and two motors. They work for both modern and heritage vehicles. The sounds came from the Crich and Seaton Tram Museums in Britain, some city light rail systems and some heritage streetcars in the US. The new soundcard can be seen and ordered off our web site at www.mylocosound.com.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
MyLocoSound has now released a universal soundcard for trams and streetcars. It contains a selection of sounds including three bells/gongs, seven horns and air whistles, three brake compressors, conductors buzzer, rail and brake squeal and two motors. They work for both modern and heritage vehicles. The sounds came from the Crich and Seaton Tram Museums in Britain, some city light rail systems and some heritage streetcars in the US. The new soundcard can be seen and ordered off our web site at www.mylocosound.com.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound
Nice idea, you now set me on a Tram build Peter. I assume that this is a very early notice as some of the links to Sound Demo and instructions not working.

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Nice idea, you now set me on a Tram build Peter. I assume that this is a very early notice as some of the links to Sound Demo and instructions not working.
Sorry about that. My testing of the web site fell short. The bugs are now fixed and you should be able to access everything.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Oh dear, and there was silly me thinking that electric vehicles were silent :devil: :devil:

I don't remember the old trams, they were gone from the London suburbs by the time I was born, but I do remember the trolleybuses, and all you heard was a slight whine - quite a bit more noticeable when riding inside.

Probably the conductor's bell would have been heard when standing by the entrance, and there we are.

You live and learn

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Oh dear, and there was silly me thinking that electric vehicles were silent :devil: :devil:

I don't remember the old trams, they were gone from the London suburbs by the time I was born, but I do remember the trolleybuses, and all you heard was a slight whine - quite a bit more noticeable when riding inside.

Probably the conductor's bell would have been heard when standing by the entrance, and there we are.

You live and learn
Will need to get hold if one to play with to hear all the sounds, the demo sounds very much like a Blackpool Baloon or such era Tram. Hoping for old time grinding motors in the equations somewhere.

Bolendo

Registered
12 Feb 2021
Gourock, Inverclyde.
Best answers
Country flag
..... I would like to chat to a moderator, but can't see an option to do so on this site. Could a moderator contact me please?

Last edited: