Need More Figures

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I am always on the lookout for figures. Yea, I look at those figures when SWMBO isn't looking.....:rofl: It does not matter what type of figures they are, i.e. normal humans, fantasy, comic, etc. I find it difficult to locate figures other than LGB or Preiser in our scale. Any suggestions of what to type in the search box of any given site would be welcomed.

G-force1

Prevarication Rules!
4 Aug 2015
North Middle Earth
Best answers
Country flag
Yeah I like figures too, I just prefer to see 'em in my bank account! Lots of lover-ly round ones. :giggle:

Take a look on evilbay.

Reactions: 1 user

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
For fantasy, humorous, Disney, Warner Bros characters etc (plus a few farm figures, real-world animals and other generic types) search for Schleich and Bullyland - both German toy lines, and close enough for G (actually mostly around 1:20, not that it matters for cartoon characters!).....

Pola offer selected Preiser figures under their own branding in a more "budget" form (simpler paintjobs and lower prices) - these are "official" copies unlike the Chinese ripoffs.

For more "serious" G scale railway figures (European style) search for Prehm - who also do the "naughty couples".... :eek:

Jon.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
For more "serious" G scale railway figures (European style) search for Prehm - who also do the "naughty couples".... :eek:

Jon.

You seem to have a bit of a fixation there, Jon

I can see we shall have to arrange for some therapy :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
You seem to have a bit of a fixation there, Jon

I can see we shall have to arrange for some therapy :nerd::nerd::nerd:

Quite happy as I am, thanks very much for your concern. Just providing the information - the OP might want to avoid the range for that very reason - or might not...... :devil:

Jon.

ebay mike

Retired, but still hoarding. (GOF)
6 Dec 2011
Norfolk - edge of nowhere.
Best answers
Country flag
I've used ebay.com seller everestmodel in China for my 1/24th scale figures and have not been disappointed so far. I must have had around 300 from them in various styles and packs over the past five years. They also do 1/30th scale to suit American G and gauge 1. They are quick on shipping and their (many) items for sale are worth a browse - if you've got time.

P2511 6pcs G scale Figures 1:22.5-1:25 All Seated Painted People Model Railway | eBay

Sarah Winfield

Registered
20 Jun 2016
Dorset
Best answers
Country flag
I too have bought from Everestmodel. The finished painted figures aren't up to Preiser standard but then neither is the price.

Unfortunately I also bought 4 unpainted figures from another ebay seller. They were described as G scale. I was very disappointed when they arrived because I don't even think they were O gauge size.

I have returned them.

SW

8 May 2017
Surrey
Best answers
Country flag
I am always on the lookout for figures. Yea, I look at those figures when SWMBO isn't looking.....:rofl: It does not matter what type of figures they are, i.e. normal humans, fantasy, comic, etc. I find it difficult to locate figures other than LGB or Preiser in our scale. Any suggestions of what to type in the search box of any given site would be welcomed.

One of the best for figures is "Jons" he does not have a website but seems to always be at the Peterborough show.

Regards

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
One of the best for figures is "Jons" he does not have a website but seems to always be at the Peterborough show.

Regards

Next year, we are planning another trip to the UK. Most likely will be in the Oxford area. Is Peter

Regards[/QUOTEI wonder if he makes any stops over here.....:rofl: