Country flag
probably a loss in signal, happens to me all the time.. :'(

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Kim is it as though it goes to sleep.

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
My Navigators lose their memory of loco settings and names etc while in use every now and then. It can be caused by a difference in firmware between Navigator and receiver, my receiver is with Muns for a firmware update at the moment.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
shropshire lad said:
My Navigators lose their memory of loco settings and names etc while in use every now and then. It can be caused by a difference in firmware between Navigator and receiver, my receiver is with Muns for a firmware update at the moment.

Are you not using the Lenz kit anymore then Col, or is that what's undergoing the upgrade?

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Yup the Lenz kit is still going strong Gareth.
To connect the Navigators you need a wireless receiver which connects to the Lenz Xpessnet and acts as an jnterface. It's this receiver that is being updated,apparently it can be an issue when you use Massoth base stations too.
I have been forced to put some time into making the phone/tablet system I've been playing with work and might well go with that system and sell the Navigators on grounds of ease of use.

3Valve

Railways; Air cooled VW's; Soul Music
24 Oct 2009
Shropshire
Best answers
Country flag
shropshire lad said:
To connect the Navigators you need a wireless receiver which connects to the Lenz Xpessnet and acts as an jnterface. It's this receiver that is being updated,apparently it can be an issue when you use Massoth base stations too.
I have been forced to put some time into making the phone/tablet system I've been playing with work and might well go with that system and sell the Navigators on grounds of ease of use.

Ah right, geddit.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
shropshire lad said:

You should have it back tomorrow.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Navigators with a firmware version prior to 1.71 are prone to block locos when the Navigator automatically powers down.

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
muns said:
Navigators with a firmware version prior to 1.71 are prone to block locos when the Navigator automatically powers down.
Mark

This talk of firmware upgrades reminds me that Massoth were promising a Navigator upgrade from 1.89d at some point. Is that available yet?

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
Nope, 1.89 is the latest published version.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
What firmware versions are you running....

Latest versions are:

1200Z 2.62
Navigator 1.89
EU Receiver 1.8

May be worth while updating to the latest versions?

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
It all sounds the same as my navigator problem, but in my case it only manifests itself in teathered mode.

Be interesting to hear what you discover.

One thing of note as a side to this is that while i have up graded the firmware on the 1200z and the nav, never done the reciever.
One of this things i wasn't aware you could, but given my has of the last twice ive tride to update the nav best leave well alone.

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Going back to Phils comment (post2) I have found that the control drops if the signal is interupted. This is usually cased by me putting the Navi on the ground some distance from the receiver. Agree though that this should not happen close to the receiver.

shropshire lad

Registered
25 Jan 2010
Sunny Shropshire
Best answers
Had a quick test of the updated receiver, thanks to Muns, and it appears to be better behaved now.
I'll give it a better test next week using both my Navigators together and let you know if it's working properly now.

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
Quick question on this subject to Muns (or anyone else who knows) - how do you tell what firmware version your receiver has? The Navi and the 1200Z both have screens to show you, but the receiver doesn't.....?

Jon.

Nodrog1826

Professional Idiot
21 Nov 2013
United Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Appologies for bumping this topic again.

Still curious as to how you figure out which firmware is on the reciever?

Did have a look on Massoth's forum, but could not find anything there.

Befor I delve into the world of making a hash of updating things.