My varied world of railway madness and G scale layouts throughout the years

AlecH

Registered
15 Mar 2018
North wales
Best answers
Country flag
Seeing as the current world situation has stopped my normal hobby activity, getting back into garden railways seems a very good idea, so a thread to bore you all, starting with a picture from a few years ago, hopefully many still on here now.

IMG_4425.jpg

Reactions: 1 users

AlecH

Registered
15 Mar 2018
North wales
Best answers
Country flag
So the story goes like this, about 16 years ago I had a collection of OO, all GWR, and I'm still a western man today, but tend to play with slightly larger ones now
IMG_3537.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

AlecH

Registered
15 Mar 2018
North wales
Best answers
Country flag
Then I attended (as normal) the Stafford Model railway show in about 2008, and met a very nice man (Steve Warrington RIP), he had an LGB Starter set, Otto 2 wagons and an oval of track, I fell in love, but how could I possibly get away with taking it home, I had my then 3 year old daughter with me, tell the wife you won it in a raffle he said, I parted with the money (not much back then about £120 if I remember), and spent to 2 hour drive home saying , we won it in a raffle! to a 3 year old.

Reactions: 1 user

AlecH

Registered
15 Mar 2018
North wales
Best answers
Country flag
Anyway the new scale was accepted and quickly OO was sold to fund the new hobby, track was laid and the next set was American, no idea why I don't even like American (should be bananas but that's a joke for elsewhere), more when I find pictures
IMG_4415.jpg

AlecH

Registered
15 Mar 2018
North wales
Best answers
Country flag
I soon found that lots of people liked this G scale thing and an online community in the much missed G Scale Mad, not that I'm saying everyone on it was mad.....IMG_4423.jpg

Attachments

• IMG_4423.jpg
    IMG_4423.jpg
    737.1 KB · Views: 0