MRC 1819 Sounf Decoder

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hello
I have several MRC sound decoders fitted to locos on my layout and they have functioned perfectly for many years - until today.

I have a USA Trains F Unit to which I fitted the above decoder about 5 years ago. It came out of hibernation today and is showing the following problems

The sound only comes on when the loco is stationary and stops when it moves.

The only function I can get on my Navigator is F1 -bell no matter which function is selected - they all operate F1.

I tried a hard reset with out success so I would welcome any thoughts and guidance.

Thankjs

Bill

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
With regard to the Bell sounds. Have you accidently set the Navigator to send Serial Commands to the loco (Operation mode shows S)? If you have then any function button will send multiple F1 commands to it.

1585490245007.png

See section 3.5 of the Navigator Manual on how to reconfigure the loco. Can be found here: DiMAX Navigator – Massoth Elektronik GmbH

electricity_bill

Registered
11 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
With regard to the Bell sounds. Have you accidently set the Navigator to send Serial Commands to the loco (Operation mode shows S)? If you have then any function button will send multiple F1 commands to it.

View attachment 263366

See section 3.5 of the Navigator Manual on how to reconfigure the loco. Can be found here: DiMAX Navigator – Massoth Elektronik GmbH
Muns - you are a genius!!! It was in serial mode and now the functions all work correctly. I have even sorted out the sound which was switched off somehow. Thanks again.
Bill