dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
As you no longer have a hot water tank it might be worth doing what I did. My airing cupboard is in the bathroom and I fitted a towel radiator in the back of my airing cupboard, I also fitted an electric heating element into this towel rail and the main one for the bathroom and powered them via a two hour run-back timer. This gives me back the airing cupboard and it can be used when the heating is otherwise turned off!
I have the cupboard prepared for just that having got the plumber to fit a couple of tails to provide hot water for a rad. Have been waiting 4 years now for him to remember to dump off a removed 2nd hand rad of a suitable size, I do keep my eyes open in skips when I can remember. But now inevitably said cupboard is filled with sundry other stuff!

Reactions: 1 user

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Pretty much all the working detail now added to the base, just Tank Lid to do. So time for some spraying, too impatient to wait for summer so the cardboard box has been brought into action on the workbench. With relavant protection of course. The first pic shows the buffers and Brake Pipes now added with the end shown removed just for Paul.View attachment 308608
That tank looks a handy hidy-hole, I wonder how many red boxes will fit? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Completed painting, weathering, lettering and created Wagon Card so now in the Tin Shed ready for the next operating session whenever that may be.
599ED53C-2FA1-4C5F-88F9-56BB6DC81758.jpeg8BC6AB70-94FB-4053-B4EF-264A615B94DC.jpeg

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user