Modelling filler

ColinK

Registered
14 Apr 2017
Lancaster
Best answers
Country flag
I’ve used Squadron filler, there is a green version and a white version, apart from the colour they seem to be the same.

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Many thanks for a positive plethora of ideas! :)
Oddly enough I saw a video about super glue and baking soda shortly after posting the query. Looks interesting
Fibreglass resin and Isopon I have used it in the past. It worked well for the purpose but I always seemed to get more on me so I am a bit wary. :-(
“Green Stuff” does sound familiar, thevtube I had seemed tindry out too wuickly and became granular, not good for sanding. Perhaps my tube was old stock.
However, I will look out for some of the products suggested..
Thanks again.
These are what I am filling.View attachment 248495

When I built my wooden box cars I use something like this, mine came from a $2 shop and I have used a iot all over the house.

Wickes Decorators Flexible Gap Filler White - 310ml | Wickes.co.uk

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag

maxi-model

UK/US/ROW steam narrow gauge railways 1:1
27 Oct 2009
Bucks/Oxon/Northants area
Best answers
Country flag
Despite what I said earlier, lack of information, a regular wood filler will do the job in your pictures. You made mention of some fillers sticking more to your fingers than the models. Try getting some old dentist's "spatula" tools that they use when working on fillings. I got some from one of the usual modelers tool suppliers that turn up at hobby shows years ago. Or improvise with some old scalpel/X-acto blades in their holders. Max

20190210_083506.jpg

Scary stuff, eh ?

65 1057

Railways @ 1.435 mm/ 1.000 mm/ 750 mm and 45mm
9 May 2018
Berlin
Best answers
Country flag
Reactions: 1 user

JamesG

Registered
2 Apr 2017
Newmarket
Best answers
Country flag
the deluxe filler is water soluble even when set - how do I know!!
I simply use plastic wood, which is available in tubes or tubs, and cheap. Once dry It sands well, and can fill the smallest gaps

Reactions: 1 user