Mk 1 coach in G

A

Alec K

What the heck, indeed. If I could get plastic card to perform like that I would feel very pleased with myself. It's reward enough just to see your results!

Alec K

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
I love it. I would love to have stuff from 70's and 80's running in my garden!!!
BTW I used to go sailing on OYC(T) ketches and ended up working on one for a while so the north sea, holland and tower bridge all great memories. when my boys are big enough i'll be sending them.

dragon

Video. Photography. Garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
I wish you would stop posting these pictures. You are making me feel I am an underacheiver!

That is misspelt but I am too tired to correct it. My mind has gone to mush.

Doug

Live Steam, scratch building
24 Oct 2009
West Herts
Best answers
Country flag
As soon as the coach has dirty windows, it'll look just like the real thing :happy:

A

Alec K

Outstanding, from beginning to end.

Alec K

A

Alec K

You've struck a chord there, all right!
18cd906f6f274f90a863e5d6b3f1b846.jpg

This is D829 Walrus on a down train leaving the Royal Albert Bridge and entering Saltash Station in 1964. B and W - and green diesels, sorry, RJR - certainly hasd an impact all its own.

Kind regards,

Alec

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
The weathering to the windows in the last pic is amazing. It has the white gubbins along the bottoms and sides of the frames (undercoat?) which was evident on almost every coach after a few years of use. I have never seen that represented before. :clap:

KeithT

Hillwalking, chickens and - err - garden railways.
24 Oct 2009
Nr Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
RJR said:
KeithT said:
The weathering to the windows in the last pic is amazing. It has the white gubbins along the bottoms and sides of the frames (undercoat?)

Glad you like it but to be honest I have been trying to get rid of it !!!!
When you use a CA (superglue) on clear plastic it always seems to leave a white mist. Having watched CSI I think its a reaction between the superglue fumes and the grease in your fingers, as often the white haze is a fingerprint pattern. Generally the haze wipes off, in this case with a cotton bud (Q tip) the cleaning process like most badly cleaned windows hasn't removed it from the corners and edges. If you think it looks prototypical I wont clean any more off.

John
I got the same effect - unintended , when I used some 35mm slide glass on a caboose - dirty, frosted glazing. I liked it so it stayed!