David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I have recently felt a little frustrated by comments posted against a couple of my photographs, in the Media section of the Forum, either suggesting that I should have put more information about a photo or requesting additional information. The frustration arose from the fact I felt that all of the information, and more, was available in the appropriate topic in the Forum, and that the poster could not be bothered to look further or had not seen the relevant topic.

I guess the problem was partly my fault in that I had not realised, and I must wonder how many other forum members do not realise, is that links back to topics can be added to media photos. I have been through all of the photographs in my albums Claptowte Railway - Freight Stock and Claptowte Railway - Passenger Stock and added links to the relevant topic describing how the model was constructed. The link can be found by clicking on the CAPTION box below each picture.

https://www.gscalecentral.net/media/albums/the-claptowte-railway-passenger-stock.134/
https://www.gscalecentral.net/media/albums/the-claptowte-railway-freight-stock.47/

I am now about to have a trawl through my Pic of the Day album and add links, where appropriate to Claptowte Railway items, back to the relevant topic om how they were constructed.

I hope this useful feature will be of use to enquirers in the future.

David

Reactions: 2 users

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you David. - A labour of love, I fear? As you have many pictures to cross-reference.

I find it frustrating to stumble on a picture, realise there IS a thread somewhere, but not have the faintest idea where / when it was.
This will be most useful.

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Must try to do this as well, I do tend to ramble a little thinking that people will remember some of my other recent ramblings!

David1226

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Abingdon, Oxfordshire
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I have just found another up side to using this link. I have just added a number of photos of my latest coach to my album of Claptowte Railway - Passenger Stock. I no longer have to include stage photos of how the model was made as each photo of the finished model has a link back to the construction topic. I can save a lot of unnecessary uploading and keeps the album size down.

dig 180303003.JPG

David

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users