Massoth rev loop module

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
In light of muns 'justified rant':clap: :clap:I am talking about Massoth DiMax 8157001 modules.
I have 3 to fit on one track layout. I have one set up with sensor tracks, I don?t want to use track contacts. So do they all have to be with track sensor's or can you also have a short circuit detection one as well?
Also can you use the diodes with DCC as it shows them vaguely in position in illustration 2 (sensor track installation) in the instruction book but says nothing later, or anything about there polarity, which way round they go.

Peter

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
French Chuffed said:
In light of muns 'justified rant':clap: :clap:I am talking about Massoth DiMax 8157001 modules.
I have 3 to fit on one track layout. I have one set up with sensor tracks, I don?t want to use track contacts. So do they all have to be with track sensor's or can you also have a short circuit detection one as well?

You can mix & match, but ALL reversing loop modules set to operate in "short-circuit" mode will operate at the same time. This occurs as all the units attached to the main track detect a short circuit, irrespective of where the train causing the short actually is.

If you have one unit in "prediction mode" with short-circuit detection disabled and two in "short-circuit" mode means that the latter two will both switch simultaneously, while the first will happily do its own thing.

If you have two modules using sensor tracks AND with the short-circuit mode disabled using the jumper inside the modules, then the third could work in short-circuit mode and all three would operate independently of each other.

Also can you use the diodes with DCC as it shows them vaguely in position in illustration 2 (sensor track installation) in the instruction book but says nothing later, or anything about there polarity, which way round they go.

The diodes are there to prevent spurious feeds if the connecting wires are unusually long. I think Massoth are being extremely cautious as one of my modules is over 5 metres from the sensor tracks and functions perfectly with the basic wiring, sans diodes.