Massoth PC module + JMRI compatability

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Hi All

Question 1. Is the Massoth PC module needed for train control through the 1200Z if the 1200Z has a USB connection?

Question 2. Is the JMRI control software compatible with the Massoth system?

Thanks

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
1) No, the PC module is for decoder programming, sound and firmware updates (including Dimax bus components).

2) Not sure. The Massoth communication protocol is licensed. You would need to check the JMRI information to find out if it is supported.

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks Mark but I fear I may have not written the first question clearly. If I want to use computer control for my layout and my 1200z has a USB port, do I need the PC module?

For the JMRI answer I'll try them

Thanks

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Re 2), no Massoth isn't supported by JMRI (or at least wasn't last time I checked) for the reason Mark mentioned above.

Some while ago there was talk on here (or GSM) as someone had approached Massoth for permission and documentation - for personal use only I think it was.

Cliff George

Registered
24 Oct 2009
City of Chelmsford
Best answers
Country flag
The Massoth web site has a list of software that is supported. As already reported JMRI is not on the list.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
SGR said:
Thanks Mark but I fear I may have not written the first question clearly. If I want to use computer control for my layout and my 1200z has a USB port, do I need the PC module?

For the JMRI answer I'll try them

Thanks
No.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
Best answers
Country flag
ntpntpntp said:
Re 2), no Massoth isn't supported by JMRI (or at least wasn't last time I checked) for the reason Mark mentioned above.

Some while ago there was talk on here (or GSM) as someone had approached Massoth for permission and documentation - for personal use only I think it was.

I have such a license and details of the protocol.

UKSGR

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Bournemouth
Best answers
Country flag
Has the licence and protocol ever been requested or released to JMRI?