Massoth Navigator 'loco config'

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
I have just ventured into Massoth country (from LGB 2) and am having difficulty with the basics. The handset has v1.71b software but I do not be able to to get into the 'loco config' section, I can run 1 loco at a time but don't seem to be able to save the settings ar get the correct picture up, I followed the instructions in pressing key # and entering the loco adress then pressing OK but where it says there will be loco config above button M2 all I get is a # and a downwards pointing triangle, which appears to toggle between analog and digey. So I am lost and thick....

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
your not thick, thicks me... try holding the M2 key down for a few seconds..
so select loco by pressing M2..$? pops up, use the key pad numbers to imput the number.. say 4press OK, M3..then press and HOLD DOWN .M2...
speed step .. 14m.. use the M2 key to scroll though the correct speed step u require
press M3 when its correct..
Funtion P 12345678,.. again press M3, OK
Picture... use the M2 button to scroll though, and press the M3 button when u selct the piture u want..
loco name... use the M2 ,to go up the alphabet,M1 to go down(hint, make sure the control knobs central when doing this)
Confis Save? look at M3 key, its showing temp.. press M2 to keep, M3 if tempory.. if tempory, next time u power up the central station , it wont be there to sve it , M2..

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Thanks Mike for the reply. Going through your key strokes progress is ok up to the HOLD DOWN M2? holding down the M2 key has no effect apart from toggling from Staniz set at 00003 (factory setting) and analog-lok holding down for a few seconds or forever has no other effect???
Perhaps I will ring Jeremy on Tuesday there could be a fault.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
try it teathered....

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
Hi Phil & Mike, I got it working ?tethered?:clap::clap:
I must not have got it plugged in correctly the first time Phil, I have managed to do the first loco, I will do the rest tomorrow and let you know how things go.

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
:clap:see i said iwas thick:rofl::rofl::rofl:

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
:clap:see i said iwas thick:rofl::rofl::rofl:

French Chuffed

Registered
24 Oct 2009
South Brittany
Best answers
An interesting foot note.

I went out this morning to the engines shed and switched on and proceeded to program the locos in with the navigator linked by the wire. I did a few then had a sticky loco (on the track not covered in treacle) so unplugged and proceeded to give it a push, sans wire, working on radio link, it worked ok. Then being the old guy that I am proceeded to program the remaining loco?s without re connecting the wire, low and behold it worked, Now explain that one?????

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Dont know but I have heard of that before.