Massoth LS and LGB 55015/16

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
I bought a loco yesterday and it was demonstrated with sounds in the shop but was controlled via a Massoth controller. Can i turn on the sounds from my LGB 55015 or 55016 controllers? I can drive the loco ok from them but i can't find the instructions etc..

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
manual for the LS is here
http://www.massoth.com/dlbereich/datei.php?id=251

There are some notes about the factory setting on page 9/10.

Try F6 (sound amplifier on/off)?

The trouble is, the the decoder function mapping is very flexible and the previous owner may have remapped sounds to different functions?

whatlep

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Worcestershire
www.facebook.com
Best answers
LNERGE said:
I bought a loco yesterday and it was demonstrated with sounds in the shop but was controlled via a Massoth controller. Can i turn on the sounds from my LGB 55015 or 55016 controllers? I can drive the loco ok from them but i can't find the instructions etc..

The sounds will be controlled by the various function buttons (1-9) on your 55015/16. You cannot control any sounds using function 10 and above from the LGB controllers.

You haven't given the make/ identity of the loco, but you may well be able to find the relevant instructions for it (and also for the 55015/16) from the database here:
http://www.champex-linden.de/lgb_produktdatenbank/index.html

PaulRhB

This Way Up
24 Oct 2009
Wilts Drifting toward the RhB,plate tectonics rock
Best answers
Country flag
Just try each button in turn if you can't find any instructions online, you won't damage it if you switch them on and off while you experiment. The only one to be wary of leaving on is smoke as it can burn out the element. 8 is often sound on and off.

Try a reset if the massoth manual settings are ok as that should restore them if the previous owner moved things around.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
What is the LGB part no?

Normally, the LS will use F6 to turn the Amp on/off, and F5 to start/stop the engine/steam noises.

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
I've had a good half a day of button pushing with no result. I was a good excuse to get the railway up and running after the winter. Thanks for the replies so far. I guess the previous user must have shuffled things about or similar. I will try and find someone who can reprogram the chip. I'll go and take my frustration out on a signalbox for a few days<g>

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
What is your locale?

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
Hertfordshire Sir.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
We really need to know what the loco make and model is, or better still, the make of decoder installed in it....

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
Its a Stainz with a Massoth LS is all i know. I thought the price was right in my favour simply for a digitised loco, the sound being a bit of a bonus? (We'll see how the neighbours cope with it with all the other noise i make)

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
LNERGE said:
Its a Stainz with a Massoth LS is all i know. I thought the price was right in my favour simply for a digitised loco, the sound being a bit of a bonus? (We'll see how the neighbours cope with it with all the other noise i make)

As Muns mentioned F5 and/or F6 should turn on the amp and the sound effects.

I have an LGB 55040 programing module that I could check your settings with should you be passing this way soon....

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
I'm away for a few days to destroy a crossover and recover anything of use (unfortunately not for my trainset as they have been declared strategic spares by NR) I'll PM you upon my return.

ExeterGeek

Registered
30 May 2011
Exeter
patiorails.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
If it's any help, I have a second hand loco where I believe the sound unit to be a massoth XLS and it only makes sounds with my LGB MTS 2 in parallel mode.

steve parberry

G Scale Trains
25 Oct 2009
Nottingham
Best answers
ExeterGeek said:
If it's any help, I have a second hand loco where I believe the sound unit to be a massoth XLS and it only makes sounds with my LGB MTS 2 in parallel mode.

Good post...when you press the button does the handset number flash the same as the number (ie push Six then the number flashes six times) then you controler is in serial mode.....and as quoted may not work the chip if it has been set to parralel mode

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
Pressing six does cause the display to flash six times. The hand set has a 'P' Is there a way to switch it to parallel?

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
press F & 9 together

LNERGE

Registered
1 Nov 2009
Best answers
Many thanks. Mucho Chuffo now. I wonder how long the handset had been set in series?