Massoth eMOTION XLS

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
Massoth eMOTION XLS question out of the versions available what would give me the best British sounds ? I know the sounds loaded can be changed but that adds the cost of a PC module on top so that's out.

Has the emotion LS been replaced by this one as it seems to be out of stock everywhere ?

By British sounds I mean a guards whistle, an "all aboard or similar spoken in English " a Train whistle that sounds British rather than European, etc. I know my engines don't look very British but spending £175 Plus on XLS that doesn't give a British sound would be a waste.

Neil Robinson

Registered
24 Oct 2009
N W Leicestershire
Best answers
Country flag
I suspect the few "English" spoken phrases in Massoth's library sound "American".
An ESU LokSound XL decoder would be a better choice but again you'd need their interface ( or a good mate who has one) to get the optimum results.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
I suspect the few "English" spoken phrases in Massoth's library sound "American".
An ESU LokSound XL decoder would be a better choice but again you'd need their interface ( or a good mate who has one) to get the optimum results.

Thanks found it for £196.. will have a read about it tomorrow , I might just have to buy a guards whistle and shout all aboard myself :)

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag
As far as I'm aware the LS hasn't been replaced or discontinued - Massoth do seem to make things in batches, so certain items do appear to go out of stock at times but usually come back, and I'm sure the LS will too.

What loco is this to go in? You might be able to find something suitable from one of the UK-based dealers like DCC Supplies or Coastal DCC? A reputable dealer should be able to install any sound file you want, if it exists for that decoder.

Jon.

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
This one will be going in a LGB 28001 but in general as I have built a very British Looking line then the idea is trains that run will sound British if I add sounds too them no matter what the engine looks like. Might sound odd to some but too me it sort of makes sense :) I know the 28001 is DCC ready but no idea whats inside it till it gets here it's on a plane as we speak, dam finger slipped again :D

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
I believe that the 28001 has a Direct Decoder interface (i.e. for a 55021/eMotion L decoder).

(They should have made a LS that with a direct decoder profile then life would be simples!

Some British sounds are available for ESU decoders, some are free (if they can be found in the ESU sound library) and some are available from the UK distributor (but come at a price) and will be locked into a specific decoder.

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
You can get an 'All aboard', and a whistle (guard) on one of the Massoth soundfiles, but I do not remember which. :(
The accent leaves something to be desired ;), but better than everything in German, for a British outline railway? :nod:

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK
Best answers
Country flag
The Postman just delivered said Loco :)

t1.jpg

And it does have a direct connection for a eMotion L decoder inside the boiler, unlike the Green one this one might need taking apart to fit a decoder.

t2.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Massoth eMOTION XLS question out of the versions available what would give me the best British sounds ? I know the sounds loaded can be changed but that adds the cost of a PC module on top so that's out.

Has the emotion LS been replaced by this one as it seems to be out of stock everywhere ?

By British sounds I mean a guards whistle, an "all aboard or similar spoken in English " a Train whistle that sounds British rather than European, etc. I know my engines don't look very British but spending £175 Plus on XLS that doesn't give a British sound would be a waste.
Might be worthwhile asking a Zimo Decoder supplier in UK. Most have some UK Projects of some sort. Not sure about Cost Comparison.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag

LGB-Sid

Registered
19 Sep 2016
UK