Massoth 8156001 - help requested

philkelly

France, railcars, DCC
24 Oct 2009
Islington, London & Vienne, France
Best answers
Country flag
I have three Massoth 8156001 each controlling four points. One one of them, two outputs seem to have packed up; on another, one output has packed up. Symptoms of the fault: on the affected outputs, the point will switch in one direction, but trying to get it to switch the other way results in a momentary short (audible click from the reverse loop module as evidence- this does not stop trains which are running) and no movement. The remaining outputs are perfectly OK.

I have done the following:
Carefully checked all the wiring and connections to the point motors and 8156001;
Swapped a working point motor to the offending output to check that it isn't a point motor failure;
Re-coded the module;
Re-coded the module allocating a different number for the offending output.
None of this works.

There is nothing to see inside the module.

So any ideas out there? Or can someone remind me if Massoth still have their help-site and/or forum up and running? I seem to recall that the forum got caught in a "flaming" storm like the late lamented GSM and was closed...
Needless to say, any advice gratefully received.

Phil

philkelly

France, railcars, DCC
24 Oct 2009
Islington, London & Vienne, France
Best answers
Country flag
Well I looked on the Massoth site and the advice to others reporting similar problems seems to be that there's a fault and send the offending article back to them...Hey ho..but thanks guys for trying.