Martha's Farm Fresh Produce

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
I decided since I couldn't get it weathertight enough to survive outside anyway, that I wanted to salvage most of the windows from the garden center greenhouse for another project.
P1080003.jpg

Which left me with just the ends and the floor in my junkbox.

While re-arranging the village this spring I found myself with a small (6" x 8") corner lot that just begged for a tiny building. due to the size the choice was pretty much newsstand or produce. I chose the latter. I don't have a whole lot of left over plexi sheet, but I did have a largish assortment of boxcar doors (Delton, Kalamazoo, New bright), soooooooo.......

P4240004_zpsa34ac3b6.jpg

P4240005_zpsc65dd2f0.jpg

P4240006_zps946c68ab.jpg

In real life, a building is usually constructed to fit the space. Model Railroaders, OTOH, usually modify the space to fit the building. This building was planned to fit the space, and does so almost perfectly.

P4260004_zpsd9bb0c6e.jpg

P4260005_zpsd45bf2f0.jpg

So, who is Martha? She is a really sweet woman that I had the worst crush on back in high school... and who now happens to be good friends with Kim... (a bit awkward that, once in a while, but mostly it's really nice... I sometimes get to have lunch with TWO adorable women, and don't get slapped!) Our friend Martha has this huge heart housed in a tiny body. At a guess, she's about 4'6" in her stockings. Unfortunately, I just don't have, nor could I find, a figure that would do her justice. For now, the Lemax teen salvaged from the greenhouse repainted as a brunette, will have to be "good enough"... even though it doesn't have her curly hair, or her room brightening smile.

P4260007_zpsff5eaea4.jpg

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Mik said:
Our friend Martha has this huge heart housed in a tiny body. At a guess, she's about 4'6" in her stockings.
A nice little bash Mik and just perfect for the spot....
But
So...you have seen her in just her stockings eh???? ;) :D

Mik

Steam tractors, good books, scratchbuilding models
17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
beavercreek said:
So...you have seen her in just her stockings eh???? ;) :D
Sadly, no.... And worse yet, her bone head hubby treats her like crap.- Verbally abusive, and throws stuff when he gets drunk... She got bitten by a dog recently, and he says to her that she "deserves to be bit"....

She "deserves" nibbled maybe, but never bitten. ;) I've never really understood why the sweetest girls always seem to end up with the worst bounders and cads. All we can do is tell her that our door is always open, and hope she decides she's had enough before it escalates beyond words and holes in the wall from thrown ashtrays.

Gerard

Registered
26 Mar 2021
Aerdenhout Holland
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, your pictures are great, but why do you put this "@ photobucket" on all your pictures? It makes them not pleasant to look at.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Hello, your pictures are great, but why do you put this "@ photobucket" on all your pictures? It makes them not pleasant to look at.
This is a very old thread, Gérard! The words are trademarks to stop folk from selling them off as their own. Unlikely in this case, but it's common practice