Markku here

Markku

Registered
19 Jul 2020
Finland
Best answers
Country flag
Well hello, thanks to muns muns and the admins my account was finally confirmed :party: This is Markku from Finland, Helsinki area. Wife is having rather huge garden renovation implemented, and at that point I kind of interested a lot in garden railways! So I bought an LGB starter set and some additional pieces of track, have tested them shortly inside but man the scale is large! (just like it should) Obviously waiting for the garden to get forward to get outside with the tracks. Hopefully before the winter and snow :)

My head is full of questions and ideas (I don't know which ones more!), so some threads may be started later, have to search for existing answers first. I had H0 Märklin set about 30 years ago, sold it to get into computers, and then interested in model trains again about 10 years ago (bought and built something but space and time were issues so it faded to just collecting catalogs) so I know something about Märklin digital already. I will go into digital in my (sorry our!) garden, just have to get the details correct and then proceed from that. But I have wife's support anyway :cool:

I think my first building (I think there is a better word in English but it escaped me) exercise will be building a couple of track bumpers, let's see that later ;)

Markku

Reactions: 1 user

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Markku, have a look at my Garden Build linked below, may give you a few ideas. Vid shows a trip around the line a year or three back now that needs updating.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the forum Markku. You should get all the ideas and inspiration you need on here. It may be a bit challenging through your winters though, plenty of frost and snow to cause havoc. Mind you, it'll at least give a chance to use a snow plough properly!

Markku

Registered
19 Jul 2020
Finland
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks everyone, and yes, snowplow videos I have already seen in G scale! I believe that during this upcoming winter I won't yet have enough loco power to do that... but it depends on the winter as well :D

All the videos and pictures have already given me so much inspiration.

Markku

voodoopenguin

Retired
20 Jul 2015
Blofield, Norfolk
Country
Norfolk-Island
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome Markku. I only managed a couple of days in Finland, driving in from the north and then exiting to Sweden from Vallolansaari. Apart from the friendly locals I met the big thing I noticed was how much better your roads were than those in Norway.

Have fun

Paul

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hello and welcome to the madhouse

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the Forum Markku!

Get some track down, so you can play-trains! :):nod:
But do leave some time to think about what you want from your railway..

PhilP.

JimmyB

Now retired - trains and fishing
23 Feb 2018
Weston-super-Mare
www.tumble-down-falls.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Markku, as said welcome to the forum, and PhilP is quite correct get some track down temporally, whilst you think about the permanent home for the track.

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Hey Markku, welcome.

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Welcome to the madness Markku. It will only get worse from here, but at least you will be amongst fellow Garden Railway Nut Cases.... :D

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Thanks everyone, and yes, snowplow videos I have already seen in G scale! I believe that during this upcoming winter I won't yet have enough loco power to do that... but it depends on the winter as well :D

All the videos and pictures have already given me so much inspiration.

Markku
Go large >:)>:)>:)>:)>:)