justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
I think you will have friction problems, put at least one washer, with lubricant between the wheel's brass tube and the nut.
See my replay to philp.
I don't know the length of trains (number of cars) you want
10-15 cars (minimum) at 60 to 80 cm(foot irl), it will strongly depend on the steam power or li ion powered motors and number of motors....
The wish is double....but is this doable? time and experiment will tell
My smallest radii(outside track in the inside garden) will be 2.85(/3.00 and 3.15) meters for the big trains, around the house track will be the smallest 3.80 (/400 and 4.20) meters in radii.

ut there are very cheap ball bearings available.

Comen sense for longer trains incl weight, but there is a lot more, how much weight does a car "need" for weight to stay on the tracks.

Are you using the G1MRA or Morop or NMRA standards for wheel specifications?
The fine info and prestigious data on your website.....I thought i was going with the one Ariosto craft uses.....i still must make the definitely choice....i have made some notes from your site!
What do you advice?

Best

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
I would follow the G1MRA standards, the NMRA standards were updated/copied from them.

The NMRA standards can be confusing, but stay away from the "toy trains" specifications, they are too sloppy/loose tolerances.

Aristo basically copied LGB, which is a very wide tolerance and excessive flanges.

Greg

justme igor

Registered
17 Apr 2020
Netherlands Westwoud
Country
Netherlands
Best answers
Country flag
Long time no posting, was very busy sorry.
The adopted wood drill bit i used is wearing out to soon, soft iron.
I could harden it.

In this tread or probably a similar thread there was a link to a bit for in a lathe with wheel profile.
I can not find it anymore.

If anyone can help me please do.

Thanks in advance