Lost LGB 55016 Programming insert, can somebody tell me about the wiring

MaxW

RhB, LGB, live steam
18 Apr 2011
Denmark
Best answers
Hi

I moved a couple of years ago, and now I am ready to startup using my LGB layout for real: Reprogramming my switches. Unfortunately my LGB 55016 Programming insert has been lost/hidden during my move. Can anybody please advise how to make a new from a regular insert. I see the brown, yellow and green wire on the regular insert, but can not figure out where white goes.

help appreciated

regards

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Hullo and welcome to the forum.

I have one of these numbered LGB 55015. the Brown and White go to the tack and the Yellow and Green from a suitable LGB Controller.

I can dis-assemble it if you need to know how it is wired internally.

Send me a PM for more details....

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Got curious and took mine apart to see what was inside!

It's just an edge connector with the wires soldered on.

Hopefully, this picture has the infomation you require to make your insert work for programming....

fc9b91b008444c149363bef6ba256823.jpg

MaxW

RhB, LGB, live steam
18 Apr 2011
Denmark
Best answers
Hi
Thanks, a lot, that is excatly what I need. I have disamseebled a regular insert. And the configuration is a 6 PIN connector single sided print with the PIN configuraiton as shwon on the attached picture.

regards

Max

MaxW

RhB, LGB, live steam
18 Apr 2011
Denmark
Best answers
Thanks, It looks like white is just next to the brown, and thats it, great, I do not have to buy a new control

Gizzy

26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Glad to be of help!

I've only recently converted to MTS, but I haven't had any joy using the programming insert, so I got a friend to re-address some locos for me with his Massoth Navigator.

I was wondering if I had a loose connection inside, and your post spurred me on to get nosey and have a peek inside!

You'll have to post some pix here on the forum once you get your railway up and running....