Live steam on the CFR.

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Charnwood Forest Railway. Rothley. Leics.
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Katie and Lana storming through Priory Station.image.jpeg Katie and Lana on the afternoon freight.image.jpeg Katie and Lana storm over St Bernards Crossing.image.jpeg Katie and Lana on shed.image.jpeg Today was ideal for a live steam running session at the CFR. It was damp, cool and wind free. We ran a number of trains both single and doubled headed.

Reactions: 6 users

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag

trammayo

Interested in vintage commercial vehicle, trams, t
24 Oct 2009
Co. Mayo
Country
Ireland
Best answers
Country flag
Impressive action - love the "blow-offs"!

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Roundhouse Katie and Karen pose for the camera.image.jpeg Roundhouse Karen getting up steam.image.jpeg Yesterday afternoon we had another live steaming session.

Reactions: 3 users

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Karen storms through St Bernards Station with the Darjeeling stock.image.jpeg Katie and Karen passing St Bernards Signalbox.image.jpeg

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
Oooops. The railway Inspectorate will have to carry out an enquiry.image.jpeg image.jpeg A point moved whilst Katie was passing over it causing Katie to collide with Karen's stock.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag

casey jones snr

Registered
20 Apr 2010
Country
England
Best answers
Country flag
And just why were trains running wrong line without Facing Point Locks that should apply to such points asks her majesty’s inspectorate?
It would seem Jon that LGB points with electric point motors will occasionally move of their own accord. The points and motors have been in place for twenty years, I rather think that the motors need servicing.

Reactions: 1 user

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
It would seem Jon that LGB points with electric point motors will occasionally move of their own accord. The points and motors have been in place for twenty years, I rather think that the motors need servicing.
There is no locking action in the electric powered switch - it seems to rely on friction to hold it - so I suppose a steamer rattling over it could easily dislodge a blade slightly.

Paul M

Registered
25 Oct 2016
Royston
Best answers
Country flag
20 years is good going. I don't think you could really complain if one throws in the towel