LGB SUMPTER VALLEY MALLET

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers
I could use a little help with a problem with the sound on my LGB Sumpter Valley Mallet. For some reason the sound, which had been working fine, has decided to work only if the sound on/off button ( number 8) on the Masoth unit is held down all the time. As I say it worked fine until last week.

An ideas?

rgds
mikado

Phil

Trains, Just Trains.
25 Oct 2009
Oldham, Manchester.
Best answers
Country flag
Loose wire?

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Re:LGB SUMPTER VALLEY MALLET

Try A decoder reset to factory settings, refer to the SVM instruction book for the CV and the values or I am sure someone will post them for you on here before long:clap:

bigjack

Railways of all shapes and sizes G 00 and big en's
24 Oct 2009
On the sunny North Coast of Essex
Best answers
Country flag

I could not get the bell to work on my S V Mallet. So, after reading the instruction book, it says, press button repeatedly. I tried pressing button 1 twice (it says in the book X2), and the bell rang.

You could try pressing button 1 X4 as 4 is sound on/off. Give it a try, let me know what happened.

Hope this helps

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers

Tried the loose wire route to no avail, but thank you for replying

Mikado

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers

Thanks for the tip, the procedure you describe is the same as the sounds operation on my LGB F7 diesel set, repeated pushing the same button to get the various sounds, maybe this is an earlier type?
The SV Mallet sounds did work on seperate buttons for each individual noise.
I will try the factory reset idea, thanks Steve.

rgds
Mikado

bigjack said:
I could not get the bell to work on my S V Mallet. So, after reading the instruction book, it says, press button repeatedly. I tried pressing button 1 twice (it says in the book X2), and the bell rang.

You could try pressing button 1 X4 as 4 is sound on/off. Give it a try, let me know what happened.

Hope this helps

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers

Mikado said:
Thanks for the tip, the procedure you describe is the same as the sounds operation on my LGB F7 diesel set, repeated pushing the same button to get the various sounds, maybe this is an earlier type?
The SV Mallet sounds did work on seperate buttons for each individual noise.
I will try the factory reset idea, thanks Steve.

rgds
Mikado

The SVM I once had a year or two back responded to Parallel commands via the Massoth Navigator, so I beleive yours should do also, is your Nav set for Parallel commands to this loco? This can be done easily but refer to Nav instructions, it is initiated by button M2, hold for 2 secs. then follow the onscreen NAV instrs.
The nav should have the Mallet entered as the loco under control first.

BUT I would try Factory reset FIRST.

[

Mikado

Registered
28 Oct 2009
Best answers

Thanks Steve, I seem to have fixed the fault by holding down the Massoth controller number 8 button at the same time as rebooting the base unit.
All seems fine now, thanks to all for the suggestions

Mikado