LGB sound units

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
Don't you love LGB sound units. Had one fitted in my brown Crock when I bought it 5 years ago. Just renumbered the loco. But of course the sound unit won't accept the new number.
Had to open the Crock up . Take out sound unit plug that into the PC, then re number , then refit. AAAARRRRGGGGHHHH

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Yep a common occurance BUT conversley i often find that LGB Sound units wont accept a new address or CV changes unless they are actually conected up, to a loco

there appears to be no reason why.

Philbahn

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Swinton Manchester
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:
Yep a common occurance BUT conversley i often find that LGB Sound units wont accept a new address or CV changes unless they are actually conected up, to a loco

Not come across that before Steve

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
stevelewis said:

Hi Steve
remember way back when I wanted to program an LGB sound unit to come in at a different voltage to match a non LGB loco. Well I tried to change CVs etc on the sound unit on its own but could not get it to do it....so now I know why.......
Many thanks

stevelewis

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Buckley NR MOLD NORTH WALES
Best answers
Philbahn said:
stevelewis said:

Not come across that before Steve

I have had it occur several times, its a bit like not being able to programme a point decoder unless it is conected to a point motor, but thats digital for you there are a lot of unknowns to contend with .