Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Registered
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Does this one actually plow snow? The all plastic one famously didn't despite 4K price tag. :)

Greg Elmassian

Greg Elmassian

Registered
8 Mar 2014
San Diego
www.elmassian.com
I would guess it has the same issues all scale models of the real thing do, that the snow granules do not scale down so the unit clogs.

There's one coming out that has two horizontal sets of wheels, like a home snow blower, and apparently it really works.

Just can't find the picture now.

Greg

stevedenver

stevedenver

Registered
24 Oct 2009
yes it is an exciting thing innit?

I understand it does not blow snow.
and, given its price, and the state of repair parts, (at least in my experience with Marklin in the past few years)
......look no touch

Parkdesigner

Parkdesigner

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Does this one actually plow snow?
Nope.
Early on, it was rumored that it would - but LGBM have said for some time that it will not/does not due to legal reasons. :rolleyes:

(Just like the GME 1:20.3 OM plow that initially shipped with the ability to plow snow, but that was removed in later versions due to - you guessed it - legal reason.)

Seriously, how hard is it to understand "keep you fingers out of the rotating blades"? :fubar:

Zerogee

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Nope.
Early on, it was rumored that it would - but LGBM have said for some time that it will not/does not due to legal reasons. :rolleyes:

(Just like the GME 1:20.3 OM plow that initially shipped with the ability to plow snow, but that was removed in later versions due to - you guessed it - legal reason.)

Seriously, how hard is it to understand "keep you fingers out of the rotating blades"? :fubar:
Sadly, these days I can understand the fear of litigation - eventually some twit would let a little kid play with their 4000-quid model and then sue when the kid lost a couple of fingers.
Lawyers don't understand the concept of Social Darwinism.
"Make something idiot-proof, and Nature will just make a better idiot......"

Jon.