LGB point blade / tie bar rivets

Cobalt6700

Registered
2 Jul 2020
UK - Oxfordshire
Best answers
Country flag
Doing some mods/ repair work to a LGB 3 way and have had to remove one of the point blades.

I have seached high and low for 1.5mm semi-hollow / semi tubular rivets and have only found this place:

Rivet | Semi Tubular Rivets | Clevedon Fasteners

Will get in touch tomorrow, but I have a feeling they are going to want a fairly large order.

Does anyone have a source of the rivets?

I would maybe look to replace with an M1.6 bolt - however the hole drilled in the point blade by LGB is so close to the edge of the blade (0.3mm wall thickness) that I fear a thread will blow it out.

Thanks in advacne :)

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Doing some mods/ repair work to a LGB 3 way and have had to remove one of the point blades.

I have seached high and low for 1.5mm semi-hollow / semi tubular rivets and have only found this place:

Rivet | Semi Tubular Rivets | Clevedon Fasteners

Will get in touch tomorrow, but I have a feeling they are going to want a fairly large order.

Does anyone have a source of the rivets?

I would maybe look to replace with an M1.6 bolt - however the hole drilled in the point blade by LGB is so close to the edge of the blade (0.3mm wall thickness) that I fear a thread will blow it out.

Thanks in advacne :)
Bit fiddly but consider filing down the thread on the bolt where it touches the blade.
Hold the nut on with threadlocker to stop it coming loose.