SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
The set that started it all off for me...
A review of the LGB 90470 ToyTrain G Scale Starter Set. This Starter Set is perfect for anyone starting in G Scale or wishing to start constructing a Garden Railway. The ToyTrain Brand is LGB equivalent to Hornby's RailRoad Range, proving reasonably detailed and robust locos and stock, for value for money. Perfect for Young Modellers or anyone on a budget.
The Set contains very thing you need to get started, including; Loco, Wagons, Circle of Track, Power Supply and Controller, plus some accessories too. Simply set up the track, plug it in and your ready to go! The loco proved is a smooth and powerful runner, featuring a good amount of detail and a working headlight.
All in all this set is superb value for money and the perfect starter for anyone wishing to getting into Garden Railways. 10/10 does not do it justice!

kim

retired at last
27 Apr 2015
Cleveleys
Best answers
Country flag
It was the passenger starter set that got me going in 1986, fantastic value and wish I still had it. God knows what has happened to the last 30 years!

Reactions: 1 user

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
Totally agree, DC starter sets are the best way to start (no surprise). Whether you eventually go DCC or RC, you are still going to need a DC transformer / controller to test any loco you buy new or second hand before you convert it to chosen power. I got the PIKO goods starter set. In my case I upgraded the PIKO BR80 to DCC and sound. I also use the PIKO transformer as a source of 16v DC for lighting etc and the track remains as an R1 test track. So nothing is wasted.

Reactions: 1 user

SDJR7F88

Registered
24 Mar 2016
West Country
Best answers
Thanks Guys. The starter sets are such good value. The majority of my fleet are Starter Sets :D . Just started repainting the wagons that come with this set. Looks so much better than the Light orange and dark grey. Loco will be staying Orange though, as it's something a bit different, plus she's my first ;)