LGB - 69232 Sound Tender

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Hi. I found this on Ebay. I was just wondering if the sound board can be easily transferred to my LGB 23191 Mogul. My original tender does have power pickups on 4 of the wheels. I was just wondering if it would be a viable sound solution for this particular situation.
Thanks!
Andrew

PhilP

G Scale, 7/8th's, Electronics
5 Jun 2013
Nottingham
Best answers
Country flag
Well, it should go in, but you will only get 'generic' sounds, and little extra..

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Thank you! I'm going to go ahead and purchase a sound system for my Piko 0-6-0 Santa Fe loco and tender. I read on another website that it wouldn't be a good fit for my LGB Mogul. I'll wait and get a Phoenix PB11 a little later for the mogul. I was hoping that the sound tender would provide me with a cheap solution for a sound board in the mogul. I'm trying to decide on either the Piko 36220 which is DCC compatible ,or their simpler,and cheaper,36221 analog unit. The price difference is about $70.00 more fore the 36220, but I like the sound better, and it's still about $60.00 cheaper than the Phoenix PB11 is.
Thanks for your reply!
Andrew

RkyGriz

Registered
13 Feb 2019
Silver Springs, Nevada
Best answers
Country flag
Hi,Greg! Analog forever for me! I've decided on putting a Phoenix PB11 in this LGB Mogul at a future date. I'm upgrading my Piko 0-6-0 Santa Fe locomotive and tender first with one of their very nice #36220 sound kits. I've read that they are compatible with the LGB mogul, but rather a bother to install.
Later !
Andrew