LGB 25390 Rhb ABe 4/4 34

jonothan

Registered
16 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Everyone

I collected the new LGB 25390 RhB ABe 4/4 in green and white today. It's lovely, I'm really pleased with it.

The only issue is this. The roof resistors aren't screwed down properly at one end. See photo. The screws are missing but nothing appears broken and I wondered if this was deliberate. Previous LGB 2*390 series models don't appear to have this omission. I didn't really want to disassemble it to put the two missing screws in as the whole model has to be disassembled and this'll be a real pain.

Has any other 25390 owner noticed this?

LGB%2025390%20%20ABe34%20630x428.gif

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Looks very nice.
Mikes got one of those - wonder how his is fixed?

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag
Knowing Mike he has probably already had his to bits. :rolleyes:
If you are going to annoyed by the missing screws I would take it back, if you can live with it as it is then ignore them. :)

Reactions: 1 users

Frank Gallagher

Well matured physically if not mentally
1 Jun 2016
Chatsworth
Best answers
If you don't like it I'll have it.....tenner OK?

Reactions: 1 user

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I hadnt noticed anything on mine but i will check this week...out at the moment
20170315_143401.jpg

KentKeith

Registered
24 Oct 2009
SouthEast Kent
Best answers
Country flag
I was having a look at mine in the trainshed today and nothing on the top of my railcar is loose - I can't even see any screws:

RailCarRoof-01.jpg

and closer:

RailCarRoof-02.jpg

Thought later that I'd better check my Railcar to ensure that we have the same number of resistors on the roof..... and we do:

2017FirstTrains-32.jpg

Melbournesparks

Registered
30 Sep 2015
City of Eltham
Best answers
Country flag
I have a different version (20390), which I had to take apart for some modifications. The resistance grids are a slightly different design, but they're screwed on from inside the roof. You have to separate the body from the floor, then unscrew the roof from the inside to get to them. Reassembly can be a bit fiddly, so be careful!

MBDcS2S.jpg

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
I have a different version (20390), which I had to take apart for some modifications. The resistance grids are a slightly different design, but they're screwed on from inside the roof. You have to separate the body from the floor, then unscrew the roof from the inside to get to them. Reassembly can be a bit fiddly, so be careful!

MBDcS2S.jpg
Fiddly you can say that again, we chipped and sounded one of these for the Ruschbahn. Andy managed to pull it apart and fit all the electronics. But putting it back together was defeating him so we both tried it together. We managed it just, but there was always something a door I think that was loose and just flopping around inside. Just never got the initiative to pull it apart to sort it out again, life is too short.
JonD

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
I found it easyer to just work on it up side down.. the loco not me.. fiddly bugger ..me and loco

pugwash

impecunious pirate
Staff member
GSC Moderator
17 Nov 2009
Luxembourg
Best answers
Country flag

mike

Master at annoying..
Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Rossendale
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
True true..
Carnt see anything amiss with mine

20170326_172612.jpg 20170326_172548.jpg

jonothan

Registered
16 Feb 2010
Best answers
Country flag
I took the plunge and fixed it two days ago.

It was a very long and fiddly job but I took my time, disassembled the loco, found two correct screws in my bag of LGB originals, and fixed the two resistor blocks onto the roof properly. They had clearly just been omitted during factory assembly.

Reassembly was slow but it's all properly back together, without a single stripped thread and with everything fitting snugly and properly.

I won't lie though, it was a right pain in the arse.

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to open up this rail car? I just got one and there is a loose passenger inside.

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I'm not going to take mine apart again but will post some pictures annotated with the secrets/things to know when opening one up. Give me some time to get it together.

Software Tools

Registered
18 Jan 2013
Sydney, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Does anyone have a tutorial on how to open up this rail car? I just got one and there is a loose passenger inside.
It's your call, but I wouldn't open one up unless there is something not working with the internal electronics.

Even when you know the method/tricks involved, it's a very frustrating exercise to get it all back together again!

Diesel2000

Registered
18 Feb 2020
Chicago
Best answers
Country flag
It's your call, but I wouldn't open one up unless there is something not working with the internal electronics.

Even when you know the method/tricks involved, it's a very frustrating exercise to get it all back together again!
Ugh, thanks for that. I have this obsession with converting all incandescent bulbs to LED so I was also planning to do that on this loco. I count 11 I’d need to convert so that’s really the reason I want to get it open and have a look around inside. I also want to add more passengers.

Last edited:

Monty

Registered
16 Apr 2018
Springwood, NSW, Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Ugh, thanks for that. I have this obsession with converting all incandescent bulbs to LED so I was also planning to do that on this loco. I count 11 I’d need to convert so that’s really the reason I want to get it open and have a look around inside. I also want to add more passengers.
Very early in my membership of GSC I asked about the disassembly of mine and received a very good reply from a member which allowed me to switch off the speaker. Putting it back together is a PITA but with patience and a bullocky's vocabulary I got it sorted. The doors are an issue, that is for sure.
Unfortunately I can't find a link to the reply I received, possibly another member might be able to come up with it to help you.