Laser cut Wisbech and Upwell coach

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Having acquired a laser cutter, I thought I should put it to good use. I designed a 3D print version of the Wisbech and Upwell coach and although it was OK, I thought a wooden kit might look better. Progress so far below..

This coach is a bit of a fiddle, as it's actually the shorter rigid wheelbase body, but to get it around tighter curves, I've put it on bogies. This is not uncommon however, as at least one other manufacturer offers their coaches with bogies even if they should be rigid chassis.

Having built this prototype, I've redesigned the bracing, so that it's integral into the body frames, along with a central roof beam, and I've also added in some steps and bench seats as well.

Fine detail is 3D printed in resin and filament, so I will soon be ready to complete the coach.

I will share the 3D print version at some point once finished, but my focus is on the laser cut version right now.

1619210614272.png
1619210655309.png

Reactions: 1 users

3 minutes of fame

3d printing, electronics and trams
14 Dec 2020
Lincolnshire
www.mgnr.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Just realised I didn't update this thread with finished coach. This has the 3d printed detail and glazing fitted. My painting leaves something to be desired, but otherwise I'm very happy with the model. 20210727_135803.jpg