Keep It Simple Stupid

chris m01

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Birmingham, UK
Best answers
Country flag
Chris thanks for the video clip.
I am I am repairing a Connie (mentioned in a previous post) with a split gear by replacing it with a brass one and I will be converting it to battery and will be installing a mylocosound card. It was great to hear how it will sound.
I will also adding a mylocosound card to a 3 truck shay.
These 2 locos will be my show ponies, the rest of my fleet will have inexpensive sound cards.
My Connie received a brass gear last year. I had to use a bit of loctite on the drivers to keep the screws in place when rebuilding it. My Shay also has a mls sound card .

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
Dan, I agree, the crew talk just does not interest me. The new QSI files have functions that play water fill, and one for coal load, one for diesel fuel filling, etc. I'm still not sure I will use them a lot, although they are cute for a demo for visitors once or twice.

Greg

GAP

G Scale Trains, HO Trains, 1:1 Sugar Cane trains
14 Jun 2011
Bundaberg Queensland, Australia
Country
Australia
ringbalin-light-railway.blogspot.com
Best answers
Country flag
Chris
My Connie received a brass gear last year. I had to use a bit of loctite on the drivers to keep the screws in place when rebuilding it. My Shay also has a mls sound card .

Any other tips or pitfalls to avoid with the Connie?

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Any other tips or pitfalls to avoid with the Connie?
The tender bogie side-frames can fall apart unless you replace the screws with slightly longer ones. I had three fail on mine shortly after I got it.