Kapiti Express Train Show

Gavin Sowry

Garden Railroader and Raconteur
27 Oct 2009
Hutt Valley, NZ
Best answers
Country flag
Here's a video that is on Youtube from last weekend's show. Skip to the 11:08 min mark if you want to see my stuff directly.
Not sure on the legality of posting this link, but, at the end of the day, it was filmed without asking, so, quid pro quo.

The little back and forth movement towards the end of my segment, was a demonstration of the signal lever that I use for polarity control.
The beer crate layout is called Glen Road, and is in Sn3½. The loco is an NZR Drewry rail tractor in brass, one of a batch by Paul Berntsen.
The 'Jungle' layout, as the kids call it, is Gn15, by Paul Napier. It was part of the cardboard layout challenge in Small Layout Scrapbook some many moons ago.
Finally, my Haywards Estate, again, Gn15.

What you see is only 2/3rds of the show, More Trains Through Here...... in the back room. The Not Sure one is NZR Sn3½, all scratchbuilt. Apparently, I am the (unpaid) 'consultant' for this layout... they usually settle their debates with a 'just ask Gav'. The Don't Know layout is actually a demo piece for Scenic Textures, the bloke who sells good scenery stuff (good enough for me to part with some real coin). The other demo, at the end, is 9mm Scale, not 9mm Gauge.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Here's a video that is on Youtube from last weekend's show. Skip to the 11:08 min mark if you want to see my stuff directly.
Not sure on the legality of posting this link, but, at the end of the day, it was filmed without asking, so, quid pro quo.

The little back and forth movement towards the end of my segment, was a demonstration of the signal lever that I use for polarity control.
The beer crate layout is called Glen Road, and is in Sn3½. The loco is an NZR Drewry rail tractor in brass, one of a batch by Paul Berntsen.
The 'Jungle' layout, as the kids call it, is Gn15, by Paul Napier. It was part of the cardboard layout challenge in Small Layout Scrapbook some many moons ago.
Finally, my Haywards Estate, again, Gn15.

What you see is only 2/3rds of the show, More Trains Through Here...... in the back room. The Not Sure one is NZR Sn3½, all scratchbuilt. Apparently, I am the (unpaid) 'consultant' for this layout... they usually settle their debates with a 'just ask Gav'. The Don't Know layout is actually a demo piece for Scenic Textures, the bloke who sells good scenery stuff (good enough for me to part with some real coin). The other demo, at the end, is 9mm Scale, not 9mm Gauge.
You have just posted a link to a YT vid, so far as I am aware there are no copyright issues about this. In fact it there were worries about privacy the YT poster can post and only allow certain individuals to view the vid..