Issues with Massoth Service tool?

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Hi all,

Suddenly having major issues with my Massoth pc module and being able to update decoders... I'd not used it for a few months but managed to update an LGB decoder ok, but couldn't get it to update Massoth decoders. Going back to the LGB decoder, this now won't update... I have managed to successfully update the firmware in the PC module and 4 navigators. Has anybody else seen this? About to add a selection of pics with my various error messages.

IMAG2821[1].jpg

IMAG2822[1].jpg

IMAG2823[1].jpg

Last edited:

phils2um

Phil S
11 Sep 2015
Ann Arbor, Michigan
Country
United-States
Best answers
Country flag
I've not seen it but am by no means an expert. Have you tried making a renamed copy of the file with less than 8 characters and using that?

Phil S.

8 Mar 2014
San Diego
Country
Armenia
www.elmassian.com
Best answers
Country flag
So, to try to get there.... when you try to change a sound file... do you LOAD a file into the service tool first, i.e. reference the file you want to load into the unit?

If this happens before you even get to try to do anything, sounds like a default file has become corrupted or deleted.

I'd do a clean reinstall of the service tool if none of the above helps you track the problem down... i.e. uninstall software, make sure the directory is deleted, clean your registry (ccleaner is good) and then reinstall....

Greg

muns

Staff member
GSC Moderator
24 Oct 2009
Southampton, U.K.
www.gardenrailoutlet.co.uk
Best answers
Country flag
Looks like one of the files may be corrupt....have you tried removing the software and downloading it again?

akoushla

Registered
1 Jun 2011
Best answers
Country flag
I get the same message when updating or changing the decoder say from one sound to another, I just click OK and all seems to be well. I have changed the basic steam sound to Ballenberg, also to diesel sound and several others without any problems. All mine are Massoth LS sound decoders

I then read the decoder in full and save the file as for example, 33 Stainz Red. This being a Red Stainz Loco and address 33.

Great for remembering the loco and all the details after changing the function of the F keys to my requirements.

Try it, it should work for you, it does for me. Good luck.

Dave

andyspencer

Registered
30 Oct 2009
West Midlands
Best answers
Country flag
Well it looks as if for what ever reason, the prog track output is no longer functional... I've been lent a spare unit to keep me going for now. Has anybody got a rough price and lead time of having units sent back to Massoth for repair?