IS THIS THE RIGHT SOUND?

ped

N/A
13 Dec 2009
Anglesey,North Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Good evening Centralists, just wondering if any of you good people can help me with this? I have recently purchased a LGB sound tender part no 69232.I have listened to one of these on youtube but for some reason mine makes a different sound, the one on youtube for want of a better phrasing makes a sound like (whoooooooo,,,,,,,,,,whooo)mine makes three short whoop whoop sounds then one slightly longer whooo. Could anyone tell me are some of these units made with different sounds, and if not, is there someway to adjust the sound.
regards Pete..

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
I have a vague memory of reading somewhere that some steam sound modules for US locos play short whistle blasts when starting off in reverse and a longer blast for forward. Not sure if this applies to the LGB sound tender with US sounds?

Does yours play different whistles depending on direction?

ped

N/A
13 Dec 2009
Anglesey,North Wales
Best answers
Country flag
Hi Nick, Thanks for the reply, tried mine forward & reverse, makes same sound both ways,so still don't know why mine makes different sound than all others i've heard, perhaps one or more other members will enlighten me, thanks for your reply once again, regards Pete.