Interurban Freight Motor

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Check again, it's Canadian Dollars I think

It's $140 US Dollars as the firm appears to be based in the San Francisco area.

They only appear to post to the "48 States" and accept "cash and personal checks", so that rather rules out international orders anyway. They don't even cater for internet purchasing.....

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
It's $140 US Dollars as the firm appears to be based in the San Francisco area.

They only appear to post to the "48 States" and accept "cash and personal checks", so that rather rules out international orders anyway. They don't even cater for internet purchasing.....
OK, got that bit wrong :snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze::snooze:

What was that we were saying in another thread about people's lack of knowledge in geography? :rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

Madman

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Pennsylvania, USA
Best answers
Country flag
No internet sales ? Maybe that's why some of us haven't heard of them.

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Rather than start a new thread - as it more or less follows on from the Freight Motor thread - I have finally finished the unpowered trailer passenger car that will be part of a 2-car unit, the conversion being done in a similar way to the freight one.
The other car will be converted from a Bachmann Combine, again with a Houston Gate battery chassis adapted into a power bogie.
The trailer car was actually started shortly after I finished the goods car, but work stalled for about 18 months (as had all other G scale building work) and has only been finished in the last couple of days.

DSCF1343.JPG
Its a standard Bachmann passenger car with a driving cab added at one end and new end dashes + a few other external alterations.
The interior has been completely redone & reseated with Newquida seat mouldings in a 2+1 arrangement. These were left over from the Argentine style coaches I converted them into several years ago - for those of you who remember back that far!

The Combine to make the power car has been dismantled, and I have a HG chassis in stock, so it hopefully won't take as long as this coach did.......

Reactions: 3 users

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
Rather than start a new thread - as it more or less follows on from the Freight Motor thread - I have finally finished the unpowered trailer passenger car that will be part of a 2-car unit, the conversion being done in a similar way to the freight one.
The other car will be converted from a Bachmann Combine, again with a Houston Gate battery chassis adapted into a power bogie.
The trailer car was actually started shortly after I finished the goods car, but work stalled for about 18 months (as had all other G scale building work) and has only been finished in the last couple of days.

View attachment 226854
Its a standard Bachmann passenger car with a driving cab added at one end and new end dashes + a few other external alterations.
The interior has been completely redone & reseated with Newquida seat mouldings in a 2+1 arrangement. These were left over from the Argentine style coaches I converted them into several years ago - for those of you who remember back that far!

The Combine to make the power car has been dismantled, and I have a HG chassis in stock, so it hopefully won't take as long as this coach did.......
Yes, I do remember the Argentine coaches :nod::nod::nod:

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
Finally got around to finishing the Interurban car conversion from a Bachmann Combine this afternoon. It's only taken about 2.5 years to complete the motor car & trailer!
It was a similar process to the freight version, but it only uses a 2 wheel drive Houston Gate bogie to power it, as opposed to the 4 wd version on the Freight Motor. Appears to have sufficient power to pull the trailer car which was shown earlier, which is the only additional load I intend to put behind it, and then it will only be on odd occasions.

DSCF2675.JPG

Will take some better photos of it in the next few days, hopefully.

Miamigo259

Registered
24 Oct 2009
Best answers
Country flag
A few more photos from this morning..............

DSCF2677.JPG DSCF2678.JPG DSCF2679.JPG

The Houston Gate motor bogie is under the baggage compartment end, whilst an original Bachmann coach bogie is retained at the other end. The batteries (all 3V worth of them) for the powered bogie are kept in the baggage compartment on this one, rather than in an underfloor box for the Freight Motor.

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Rather like your Box Motors and Interburban Cars. Mods to Bachman Coaches are a great way to go. I have lurking from my Irish days a Bachman Coach that is being converted to a Cavan and Leitrim based vehicle, but that is another story perhaps in another thread sometime.

For now I thought it appropriate to show my Box Motor. Based heavily on the ones that the Swiss RHB had it uses Backman Bogie Sideframes (I could not get the Bachman Power Units to work with the Aristo Crest Radio setup that I use). The body is a chunk of MDF for the baseplate and wood covered in Loley Sticks. Has been successfully working since aroun 2010 but still awaits a decision on Colour! 2 American Manufactured Power Bogies and 8 aa NiMh on board will pull pretty well anything put behind it. Seen at Alan Regans line open day last year where it acted very happily as Station Pilot pulling and shoving stock around after Puffers lost their puff and abandoned the stock where they left it! Great fun for me sorting out the Station. The Chain is for 16mm ers stock coupling purposes on LGB type couplings that Brandbright used to do.
image.jpeg

Reactions: 1 users

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
Where have all the photos gone?
If you look to the right side of the screen, you will see the 'Administrator' is online. Following some problems with local hosting in the far south, I think it's a fair guess he is sorting things.

Kurt Ubl

KURT
3 Mar 2017
Tenerife ES
Best answers
Country flag
OK, I´m waiting, my pictures have gone also, hope it can be fixt.