idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
The original LGB Model catenary that Polo-train speaks of was made by AZB. Champex-linen has their current full line. It's enough to make you drool! Check it out if you haven't yet.
They are very nice but they're still nearly €40 for a mast and base which makes one think twice. You rarely if ever see them second hand but you do see LGB model masts occasionally which makes the cost more bearable.

POLO_Train

Registered
10 Mar 2020
Atlanta, GA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
The original LGB Model catenary that Polo-train speaks of was made by AZB. Champex-linen has their current full line. It's enough to make you drool! Check it out if you haven't yet.

Thank you very much! I always wondered where the german guys bought their curved supports from: AZ62000 catenary
URL for everyone else: champex-linden.de - AZB-Oberleitung

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
I'm updating an old thread but I started it so there :) .

My latest indoor layout has a 90 degree crossing. I wanted to add overhead lines to the layout but pondered a bit about how to handle the crossing. This is what I came up with. You need some LGB catenary clips (#56204) or alternatively the isolating clips (#56203). The same approach would work with with any angle crossing. Here's a picture:
20220916_164602.jpg

More detailed view:

20220916_165007.jpg

Finally some videos of it in operation. The first two are very short showing a loco crossing each way, and the third is a slightly longer view.

Last edited: