I have a new marklin 50226 All in one type of control system for my trains. My problem is the darned thing won't even start up for the first time.

tedndrake

Registered
7 Jun 2020
CHARLOTTESVILLE
Best answers
Country flag
First things first. I believe that the transformer is making power in some sort of way. I caressed the top of not of it with my hand and I found there was some heat. Second, The plug was properly mounted in the correct hole on the back of my system. Now I did have the 60226 mounted incorrectly -- I had put in the plug upside down. And I tried removing it gingerly from the rear of the machine. So I do understand that this could be the problem right there. Are there any other problems you could think could be happening to me? Any responses are greatly appreciated. Any help you provide would be a great help to me.

Thank you very much for the help,

Ted Drake

ntpntpntp

Registered
24 Oct 2009
UK
Country
United-Kingdom
Best answers
Country flag
Not sure how you could have fitted the power supply plug upside down in the back of the CS3? Looking at the manual photos it seems to be a keyed plug that will only fit in one position?

dunnyrail

DOGS, Garden Railways, Steam Trains, Jive Dancing,
Staff member
GSC Moderator
25 Oct 2009
St.Neots Cambridgeshire UK
Best answers
Country flag
Hm looks like a possible read the manual issue, there are I think 2 green places for the track plug to plug into. One I think may be for the programming track and the other for the main track? Not sure how one could force these plugs in the wrong way.