PROBLEMS WITH LGB 20225 GETTING STARTED WITH A NEW 55006 MTS SYSTEM

TEDNDRAKE12

Registered
12 Sep 2020
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA, USA
Best answers
HELLO I AM HAVING SOME PROBLEMS WITH GETTING MY 20225 (RHB ALLEGRA ENGINE) TO WORK PROPERLY WITH THE NEW 55006 ( LGB MTS 3 CENTRAL STATION

0 ON MY SYSTEM. ADMITTEDLY IT HAS BEEN A BUNCH OF YEARS SOMMNECE I HAVE RUN ANYTHINL ON THIS RAILWAYI FIRST T+RIED TO GET THE LOGIN CODE SETUP ON THE NEW LOCOMOTIVE. AND THE RESULT WAS I GOT NOTHING FROM MY TRAIN WHEN THIS WAS WORKING PERFECTLY WITH MY MUCH OLDER ENGINES. I GOT NO MOVEMENT AT ALL FROM IT. THEN I TRIED TO RUN THE TRAIN ON THE TRACKS NEXT. I BEL;IEVE I TRIED MOST OF THE NUMBERS ,UP TO 60 THAT IS, AND OF COURSE GOT NOTHING BACK FROM THIS MACHINE.. ANY HELP WOU;LD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED

Thank you all very much.

Ted Drake

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
Best answers
Country flag
Try address 3 if your Allegra is new?

It might be fitted with an MFX decoder though?

I'm not sure if this decoder will be compatible with MTS III, which is now quite dated....

Reactions: 1 user

TEDNDRAKE12

Registered
12 Sep 2020
CHARLOTTESVILLE, VA, USA
Best answers

I'm not sure if this decoder will be compatible with MTS III, which is now quite dated....

Will they work with a new dunax navigator

Zerogee

Clencher's Bogleman
25 Oct 2009
North Essex
Best answers
Country flag

MFX-equipped locos WILL work (or should) on old MTS systems - last Tuesday I went over to a friend's line, he has recently got a new Marklin CS3 control system and I took along a brand new MFX-chipped loco that had arrived from Germany literally about ten minutes before I left home - I just put the shipping box in the car and opened it when I got to Chris's! Anyway, we put the loco on his track and the CS3 immediately registered the MFX decoder, bringing up all the loco data - we had great fun testing it.....

Anyway, later in the day, out of curiosity we got his old MTS2(P) system out to see how the new loco would run on that, and it all worked just fine (the MFX decoders have a protocol heirarchy, they first look for an MFX signal, if they don't find one they then look for an MTS or other DCC signal, finally they look for an analogue voltage if they've found no DCC).

So if a brand new MFX-equipped loco will run on MTS2, it certainly should on MTS3.

Jon.

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
Country
Mars
Best answers
Country flag
20225 is factory fitted with MTS decoder not mfx according to LGB web site. Are you able to read CVs? Reading CV1 will tell you the address to use unless it has been set with a long address by previous owner. If it has been fitted with an mfx decoder set CV50 to 0 to disable mfx protocol.

By the way please don't write in capitals, by convention in forums and emails it means you are shouting.

Dan

Registered
28 Jan 2010
Eastern MA, USA
Best answers
Country flag
I assisted a friend with running LGB trains on his MTS II parallel system.
You must turn off MFX if it is a Marklin decoder by setting CV 50 to 2. (default is 10)
Also one must set the decoder to 14 speed steps in CV 29, and also set the MTS system to parallel mode by hitting F and 9.
I did this and the allegra runs great now on my friends system. I did use my portable DCC system to do this as MTS system programming is klugy at best.