hw many stocks can nw-2 pull it?

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
hi

i wud likes to know hw many stock cars can nw-2 pulled til the wheels slip?

anyone who have nw2 them selves...post comments here..

what is yr numbers of stocks did u pull with nw-2? any advices

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
Hi Steven,

Well I will experiment for you next time I am in the garden. As you saw on my video today 8 ballasted bachman bogie wagons with ease on dirty, wiggly, steep track!

What are you thinking? Just interested?

Ian

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
[H2]hi.yes i did saw yr video in utube...what a exellent layout u got and aslo in the snow...[/H2] then saw loads of stocks,reefers,etc being pulled by another locos...cor tht loads!!!!.....aslo yr nw-2 rio grande as well....my favourite is sw-4 and nw-2 as well....
what amps are running with nw2? basic engineer or ?

CoggesRailway

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Best answers
It's just a very basic gaugemaster unit 3amp i think...

steven large

15 Dec 2009
Best answers
my words u use 3amp gaugemaster?....thought it mite blew the fuse!!!!...........mine use basic engineer remote from a.craft.
but i shud go for more amps coz it give more power to run it.
will harm the 3amp?

E

Elmtree Line

There is no hard and fast answer here, it depends on the grades, rail conditons and type of wheels on the stock as to what the NW-2 will pull.

The max draw on an NW-2 is about 1.6 amps and thats with lights and smoke turned on. I believe the stall current is much higher.

You can run the NW-2 on a 1amp LGB unit, but not at top speed and best with the smoke off.

The NW-2 as switchers wouldnt normally be pulling complete trains, but bashing short consists about, running single cars off and adding to consists which would then be taken as a full train by a GP38, 30, Dash 9 etc. There are of course exceptions to this rule where NW-2 were put into service on trains.