How do I make a search on a possibly existing subject?

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Good morning,

Being new to the forum I wonder if it is possible to make a search based on keywords. I have already gone through the resources but did not find the subject I am looking for.

Thanks for your answer!

Marcel

Gizzy

Gizzy

A gentleman, a scholar, and a railway modeller....
26 Oct 2009
Cambridgeshire
www.gscalecentral.net
The search function uses both keywords and a search by member option....

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Yebbut, you have to be in 'Forums' to be able to see the search option.

F'rexample, if you're in 'What's New' you can't see the search option :wasntme::wasntme:

idlemarvel

idlemarvel

Neither idle nor a marvel
13 Jul 2015
Ascot
I can see and use search (the magnifying glass symboi) when I am in "What's New"?

R

railaddict

Registered
18 May 2020
Belgium
Thanks for your replies. I did find the answer after posting my thread, as I was going through the forums and noticed the Search forums section on top.

Marcel

Rhinochugger

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
I can see and use search (the magnifying glass symboi) when I am in "What's New"?
Doh, never knew what that was for - being a Luddite, I have always used the written word :emo::emo::emo:

curtis

curtis

Registered
27 Nov 2018
Germany
Another option for searching the forums is Google. In the search bar, if you type "site:gscalecentral.net" (without quotes) followed by what you want to search for. E.g. "site:gscalecentral.net track cleaning" By doing this, Google will only give your search results from this site. You get the power of Google behind your search which presents the results in a clearer way (for me at least)