HOW ABOUT THIS IDEA FOR A TRACK BED

Richie

Rio Grande Railroad , Mountain biking , Gardening
24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Spent work at the Four Oaks Hortculture Trade Show today and came across a stand selling lawn edging moulds for graval and concrete , thought they looked just right for a G scale track bed , got talking to the rep and he said i was the second person to say that today the corners section i was told would match LGB set track . Managed to get a sample to try at home heres a few pics and their web site if anyone's interested .

http://www.snap-it-edging.com/index.html

0216ed44e8ac43f5ad9f6edcedd38fc9.jpg

a7e735bdfcd84f278327efa314cf9877.jpg

b8f347f2726f4593995cd1a49a755bf8.jpg

35cb2eb1a759401d8f5ec33ce6dd1b79.jpg

Rhinochugger

Retired Oik
27 Oct 2009
North West Norfolk
Best answers
Country flag
daveyb said:
interesting................

................but loud :happy:

(Bet no one will admit to watching that show :cool: )

adverse camber

Registered
2 Dec 2009
East Anglia
Best answers
Country flag
It looks like a really good idea but at £7 a meter run it is quite expensive if one is contemplating using it over any distance, thoough I supose as an alternative to breeze blocks it may not be to bad

AC

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
What do you do Richie to be at Four Oaks? Should've gone today myself but didn't fancy it.

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Netty said:
What do you do Richie to be at Four Oaks? Should've gone today myself but didn't fancy it.

Hi Dave
I'm a nursery man much like yourself i work for Boningale Nurseries in the west midlands had a trip out with several other members of staff very good show but very hot in those glass houses . I thought of you when the rep mentioned that some one else said they would fit G scale track :happy:

steven large

USA G SCALES OF 30 TO 50S THEMES.ASLO KIT BASHING
15 Dec 2009
Best answers
wow..do i get free sample richie from this net?.....sound good idea......

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
It always seems to be hot there and the food is really really expensive, butties for me when I go. If you go next year or to any of the other shows of HTA do's let me know, we could meet up.

Have to show the HTA lot around one day next week, I enjoy doing the visits, had 30, 8 and 9 year olds a few weeks ago, did a quiz for them and some prizes, it was fun.

What do you grow?

stockers

Trains, aircraft, models, walking, beer, travel
24 Oct 2009
Nr. Ashford, Kent. England.
Best answers
Country flag
They were reviewed in Garden Rail mag a few months ago. Apparently the pre curved sections fit R1 and R3s by coincidence.

E

Elmtree Line

Nice idea, shame about the price. :thumbdown:

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Netty said:
It always seems to be hot there and the food is really really expensive, butties for me when I go. If you go next year or to any of the other shows of HTA do's let me know, we could meet up.

Have to show the HTA lot around one day next week, I enjoy doing the visits, had 30, 8 and 9 year olds a few weeks ago, did a quiz for them and some prizes, it was fun.

What do you grow?
Hi Dave
The food was a rip off but the company paid :clap:Only tend to go every other year so probably won't go next year will let you know if i attend any other HTA meetings .
Our nursery grows trees and shrubs for the landscape sector from 1LT pots and anything up to 1000LT we buy in alot of stock from all over europe many truck loads of root balled trees and large shrubs every week in the winter months heres our web site
http://www.boningale.co.uk/

By the way Dave what Nursery do you work at ??

Netty

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Leyland, Lancashire
Best answers
Garden Centre Plants, don't look at the website tho' it's rubbish!

beavercreek

Travel, Art, Theatre, Music, Photography, Trains
24 Oct 2009
Colchester, United Kingdom
www.facebook.com
Best answers
Country flag
Richie said:
Our nursery grows trees and shrubs for the landscape sector from 1LT pots and anything up to 1000LT we buy in alot of stock from all over europe many truck loads of root balled trees and large shrubs every week in the winter months heres our web site

Hi Richie

how far does your outfit deliver....got an idea or two for the front of the house............just cleared out a few bushes and ivy for where I will cut the glass block windows in the garage conversion

Trainman

All narrow gauge and industrial railways,
26 Oct 2009
Auckland
Best answers
Any curvy bits for the corners?? Make an interesting option wouldn't it.

hagen

Registered
25 Oct 2009
Kongsberg, Norway
Best answers
I have looked up these earlier, no importer in Norway (yet).
But for sections crossing tha lawn or running along the lawn they would be ideal.

Mousey

Registered
1 Nov 2009
North Essex
Best answers
I like the idea.

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
Trainman said:
Any curvy bits for the corners?? Make an interesting option wouldn't it.

They do curve section that fit LGB R1's and R3's more shapes can be seen on their web site .

Bredebahn

Cinema, Garden Railway, Private Flying (licenced p
25 Oct 2009
A field near Rye, in beautiful East Sussex.
Best answers
stockers said:
They were reviewed in Garden Rail mag a few months ago. Apparently the pre curved sections fit R1 and R3s by coincidence.

Seems to have been mentioned a couple of times since this post was made yesterday evening. No doubt Tag will provide a back issue if asked nicely!

Richie

24 Oct 2009
Albrighton West Midlands
Best answers
beavercreek said:
Richie said:

Hi Richie

how far does your outfit deliver....got an idea or two for the front of the house............just cleared out a few bushes and ivy for where I will cut the glass block windows in the garage conversion

Hi Mike
We do deliver all over the country ,Sorry Mike but we are only a wholesale nursery supplying councils and large landscape companys . What sort of plants are you after ??