17 Dec 2009
The wilds of Western Pennsylvania
www.the-ashpit.com
Best answers
I decided I really wanted an open car. Something like this;
picnic3.jpg

or this:
picnic1.jpg

Years ago I bought a very cheap 'gondola' off feebay - Actually it was a Bachmann refrigerator car that the previous owner had done a 5 minute bandsaw conversion on... It was hideous, so the whole car went for cheaper than a set of used trucks. :clap: I also had a Bachmann coach floor....
P7100001-1.jpg

Open cars often had simple long benches. Either on the sides or down the center
picnic2.jpg

I chose the sides because it hid the fishplates I used to strengthen the car after I shortened it.
P7100002-1.jpg

It got Delton trucks because I had to use the Bachmann ones for another project. So the bolsters needed raised to match the platform height on the Kalamazoo coaches
P7100003-1.jpg

The car still isn't finished, but it has already begun to fill with passengers.
P7260001.jpg

Let's meet some, shall we? We all know this guy, Felix Foamer in his hickory striped overalls and patch vest. Felix is a very unhappy person today. You see, for once he actually BOUGHT a ticket - but only because he wanted to record #8 on his new reel-to-reel - but the gentleman across from him simply INSISTS upon talking mushy to his young bride....
P7260003.jpg

This is Kim Kodak, she's valiantly trying to take pictures with her Brownie - and completely ignore Dan Dee who wants to take her on a different kind of ride.....
P7260002.jpg

The handsome devil in the black lab coat is Butch. His owner's wife recently died, so he now goes absolutely everywhere. Grandson Billy Bored wishes he was anywhere else... preferably someplace with fast cars or faster girls.
P7260005.jpg

This is Tom Tourist, his lovely wife Tina and daughter Tammy. His sister Susie Snapshot is taking their picture for the family album.
P7260004.jpg

I haven't found another gentleman to go with the lady in pink, and Kimmee hasn't told me the story about the blonde and the young girl yet...

themole

tramways
25 Oct 2009
In a burrow.
Best answers
Country flag
e66ded859a6e4dd3a816631118c99416.jpg

The sightseeing coach is coming on fine Mik. In the picture above, I cut the openings for the coach (I made two) plus the chop to make the Krauss tramway Lok. All were cut using Mr. Dremmel. Alyn:clap: