Country flag
That's a beautiful job! :)

Jon.

greghile

Registered
11 Jun 2017
Martinez, CA
Best answers
My understanding is that 123d has been discontinued. I have been using SketchUp Make (the free version) as well as TinkerCAD. Tinker is easier but SU has more features, especially with the add-ons ...

Moonraker

Registered
25 Oct 2009
South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
My understanding is that 123d has been discontinued. I have been using SketchUp Make (the free version) as well as TinkerCAD. Tinker is easier but SU has more features, especially with the add-ons ...
Not quite correct. If you Google "123D Design" you will find lots of sites at which you can download it. However, it is being withdrawn so be quick. Whilst SketchUp is good for buildings, I find that 123D Design is much better for locos and rolling stock.

Regards
Peter Lucas
MyLocoSound

Burl Rice

Registered
20 Jan 2017
Sparta, TN, USA
Best answers
After the suggestion, I also looked into 123D, to come to the same conclusion you already have. It looks like they are marketing Fusion 360 to fill the void. It has similar features, and has a "hobby-ist" clause in the license. If what I'm reading on their forums is true, most of us would be able to get it for free. I'm still under the 30 day evaluation period, but plan on looking into it further.

Last edited:

Alan B

3D printer/maker trains motor bikes BMW
6 Apr 2015
Milang South Australia
Best answers
Country flag
Alan B: Your stand looks very impressive! Do you print only your own design, or can you print someone else's designs?
Andrew
All of the models on the stand are my own designs, I can and do print for other people mostly because I have a printer capable of large prints. I have a couple of prints I have worked on in a collaborative way with friends which are still in the pipeline .
Alan

NorthwestGarrattGuy

Some young foamer from seattle
1 Oct 2021
Seattle, Washington
kaedmonkeirbrannan.wixsite.com
Best answers
Country flag
Andrew
All of the models on the stand are my own designs, I can and do print for other people mostly because I have a printer capable of large prints. I have a couple of prints I have worked on in a collaborative way with friends which are still in the pipeline .
Alan
how large can your printer print